Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

List of Feature Requests.

+18
AlexZR
n3645
KerimF
johnaldis
diego_souza
Defran
KoriApu
jeovanevs
TimFisch
Alex68
Fizik_S
Sergei
Ale1284
@rkanoid
thilinajayamini
wallysalami
asmitahase
arcachofo
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:13 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

I hesitate to ask, can I add a Teensy 4.1 microcontroller ?
No dear, ARM Cortex is not supported in simulide.

52List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:36 pm

AlexZR

arcachofo wrote:No dear, ARM Cortex is not supported in simulide.
I understand you, thank you for the answer..

53List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:40 pm

homievk

Could you add Raspberry Pi Pico to Simulide?
A Raspberry Pi Pico Emulator in JavaScript and in Java is already made.
https://github.com/wokwi/rp2040js
https://stackblitz.com/edit/rp2040js-blink?file=index.ts
https://rp2040pio-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/download-and-compile.html
Raspberry Pi Pico sdk provides the headers, libraries and build system necessary to write programs for the RP2040-based devices such as the Raspberry Pi Pico in C, C++ or assembly language.
https://github.com/raspberrypi/pico-sdk

54List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:35 pm

cesar.groh

Hello!
I've been dealing with the Development version build 1751 and could manage to build most of the circuits I needed, particularly with the a added components (lamp, transformer, etc.).
This is a great job of yours, congratulations, and I'll happily donate more now that I've tried the product!
I'd like to suggest a few things, though:
  • a property to store the component reference independently from the ID and the label

• a button to generate the bill of materials from the label plus the reference of each component

• a proper AC source as in the form of N+L+E (I've been able to simulate one using the wave generator and some diodes, but it would be nice to have it straight, nevertheless)

• I'd also suggest to have the properties window always present to the right of the screen, so you could easily change them just by clicking on the component

• could the LED colors be brighter? I'm afraid the chosen colors don't contrast well when the LED is on/off

• it would be nice to being able to change the colors of the wiring, at least for the meters, so in complex circuits you do not mistake meter lines from tracks/circuit wires

• any plans to detach the component list from the source code so we could manage a component library separated from the core simulator? It would make it easier for us mere mortals to create and enhance our own components and also make the community more vibrant 'cause we could share them on the forum or even upload them to your page

• I missed an optocoupler. Tried to emulate one using an LDR and an LED but it didn't work very well

• I also missed some IR components (emitter, receiver, phototransistor, ...). All those components could be easily developed by the community, I guess, if there would be a simple way to to it without having to compile the program - and maybe there is, but I don't know about it.

• as a final suggestion, it would be nice to have an import/export from/to Eagle so we can finish the work by having a PCB diagram ready to be sent to the printers.

Again, congratulations for this excellent work, and thank you for sharing it.
Take care!
Cesar

KerimF likes this post

55List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:01 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi Cesar.
First, thank you very much for your donation.

a proper AC source as in the form of N+L+E (I've been able to simulate one using the wave generator and some diodes, but it would be nice to have it straight, nevertheless)
What is the E terminal?

could the LED colors be brighter? I'm afraid the chosen colors don't contrast well when the LED is on/off
The intensity of the LED depends on the current going through.
Maximum intensity is achieved at maximum current.
If it does not contrast well maybe you can adjust the resistor or the maximum current of the LED.

it would be nice to being able to change the colors of the wiring, at least for the meters, so in complex circuits you do not mistake meter lines from tracks/circuit wires
Yes, it is planned.

any plans to detach the component list from the source code so we could manage a component library separated from the core simulator? It would make it easier for us mere mortals to create and enhance our own components and also make the community more vibrant 'cause we could share them on the forum or even upload them to your page
One of the main focus now is the development of Scripted Components:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t990-scripted-components#4455
With this it is posible to implement your own components.
This is already usable in the development branch (trunk).

Another way to create custom components is Subcircuits:
https://knowledge-base.simulide.com/1-circuit/components/subcircuits

I missed an optocoupler. Tried to emulate one using an LDR and an LED but it didn't work very well
It is also planned.
In the meanwhile maybe coupling a Led and transistor with a controlled source could work.
Or just use a transistor.

There is also a new feature to link components being developed:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t1556-linking-components#6810
With this it will be possible to link a led with a transistor or a resistor, but not yet.

I also missed some IR components (emitter, receiver, phototransistor, ...). All those components could be easily developed by the community, I guess, if there would be a simple way to to it without having to compile the program - and maybe there is, but I don't know about it.
See Scripted Components, Subcircuits and link components.

- a property to store the component reference independently from the ID and the label
- a button to generate the bill of materials from the label plus the reference of each component
- an import/export from/to Eagle so we can finish the work by having a PCB
SimulIDE is more an educational tool, not intended for production.
So by now there is no plan to implement this kind of features, but the idea of the reference could be useful for the BOM.
In previous versions a BOM could be generated, but was not very useful, maybe it could be introduced again.

KerimF likes this post

56List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:44 pm

homievk

Hi. Could you add some electronic components to learn I2C protocol (circuits like microcontroller+electronic component)? It would be good to add DS1307 real time clock to SimulIDE.

57List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:58 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi. Could you add some electronic components to learn I2C protocol (circuits like microcontroller+electronic component)? It would be good to add DS1307 real time clock to SimulIDE.
Hi.
DS1307 is already in the development branch (trunk):
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t550-simulide-trunk-tester-builds#2961

There is also I2C RAM and I2C to Parallel (1.0.0 and trunk).

58List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:09 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

cesar.groh wrote:I missed an optocoupler. Tried to emulate one using an LDR and an LED but it didn't work very well
Have a look at this:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t1556-linking-components#7121

I plan to upload new executables with this feature in the next days:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t550-simulide-trunk-tester-builds#2961

59List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:01 pm

sim31r

A small question about convenience. The variable resistor is an inconvenient component. I don't see the value of the resistor. I can't change the value with the mouse wheel.
(The new revision 2048 remains unchanged)
List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Test1_10

60List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:09 am

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

sim31r wrote:A small question about convenience. The variable resistor is an inconvenient component. I don't see the value of the resistor. I can't change the value with the mouse wheel.
(The new revision 2048 remains unchanged)
List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Test1_10

To see the current value of the resistance of the potentiometer, select "Current value" in its properties. Carefully study the properties of the components used and experiment with the settings!

List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Pot10

List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Pot110

sim31r likes this post

61List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:06 am

Defran

Defran

I made a request so that the nominal value (maximum) and the current value could be seen at the same time optionally because I think it is very useful.

https://simulide.forumotion.com/t1815-potentiometer-name-value-and-current-value

Fizik_S and KerimF like this post

62List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:09 am

jk555

Please, return voltmeter "Switch pins" setting back.

List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Req10

63List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:03 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi jk555, to switch pins just do an horizontal flip (Right-click->Horizontal Flip).
You can do vertical flip as well.

jk555 likes this post

64List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:33 am

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

The forum administrator nedopc.org suggested upgrading the Voltage Source and Current Source components. You need to make a bipolar output. This will expand the program's capabilities when simulating some electrical circuits.

A possible solution is to add the “Bipolar Output” checkbox to the component properties.

List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Source11
List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Source12

65List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:32 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

I had something like this in mind for long time, but I forgot about it.
What I did is to add a "Minimum Value" property, so you can set any voltage range you want, including negative values.
Implemented at Rev 2066.

Fizik_S likes this post

66List of Feature Requests.  - Page 3 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:26 am

jk555

arcachofo wrote:Hi jk555, to switch pins just do an horizontal flip (Right-click->Horizontal Flip).
You can do vertical flip as well.
Ah, great! Thank You! (-:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum