Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

List of Feature Requests.

+18
AlexZR
n3645
KerimF
johnaldis
diego_souza
Defran
KoriApu
jeovanevs
TimFisch
Alex68
Fizik_S
Sergei
Ale1284
@rkanoid
thilinajayamini
wallysalami
asmitahase
arcachofo
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:09 pm

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

I think it would be useful to add a current source with manually configurable parameters to the program. It is mandatory to have 2 contacts to connect to the circuit. This will allow it to be used in subcircuits. Variants of the designation in the figure:

List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Source10

TimFisch and Alex68 like this post

27List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:58 am

Alex68

Alex68

Fizik_S wrote:I think it would be useful to add a current source with manually configurable parameters to the program. It is mandatory to have 2 contacts to connect to the circuit. This will allow it to be used in subcircuits. Variants of the designation in the figure:

List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Source10

О.К

28List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:19 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

I think it would be useful to add a current source with manually configurable parameters to the program. It is mandatory to have 2 contacts to connect to the circuit.
Yes, the plan is a full set of voltage and current controlled voltage and current sources: vcvs, vccs, ccvs, cccs.

These will have configurable parameters, with control pins that will work similar to operational amplifier power pins:
- Show/Hide pins.
- If pins are hidden then output values are defined by configurable parameters.

TimFisch, Fizik_S, Alex68 and jimbobk27 like this post

29List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:22 pm

KoriApu

Please add a CD4011 or CD4093 - An IC with Four Schmitt Trigger NAND Gates

30List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:12 pm

Defran

Defran

Please add ANALOG GND, DIGITAL GND and CHASIS GND. thanks.
Attachments
List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 AttachmentGROUNDS TYPES.zip
GND
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(13 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Last edited by Defran on Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

31List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:14 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Please add ANALOG GND, DIGITAL GND and CHASIS GND. thanks.
Not possible by now.

32List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:16 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Please add a CD4011 or CD4093 - An IC with Four Schmitt Trigger NAND Gates
Ok.

KoriApu likes this post

33List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:50 am

Defran

Defran

It would be nice to include the multiturn potentiometer, so we would have two:

- A linear one whith a linear dial as well.
- A multiturn one whit a button dial.

This woukd give a lot of operability, confort, accurately and professionalim. In the reality there are both types of potentometers.

Thanks.
Attachments
List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Attachmentpot.zip
potentiometer
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(22 Kb) Downloaded 6 times

34List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:58 pm

Defran

Defran

User configurable cable thicknes. Important.

35List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty 4040 AND 4060 Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:27 pm

Defran

Defran

Add 4040 and 4060, please.

36List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:51 pm

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

Add 4040 and 4060, please.

Use full analogs 74HC4040 and 74HC4060. They are in the program.

37List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty ADD ROTARY SWITCH Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:00 am

Defran

Defran

Add Rotary Switch with up to 12 positions and up to 3 circuits, configurable. Comertially they exist: 1 circuit x 12 positions, 2x6 and 3x4.

Last edited by Defran on Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:18 am; edited 2 times in total

38List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty WIRING NODES UP TO 4 Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:07 am

Defran

Defran

Currently only up to 3 wires per node is allowed. Adding up to 4 simplifies and streamlines schematcs. Please.

39List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty BUSES CONFIG. Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:30 am

Defran

Defran

In oder to simplify and make the diagrams more understandable, it would be important that the numbering order of the buses could be configurable. This would avoid unnecesary cable crossings. Please consider it.

40List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:22 pm

diego_souza

Hi everyone,

I've been successfully testing the ILI9341 TFT display with SimulIDE and the Adafruit GFX library. Great!

Here's a suggestion: add the possibility to simulate a touchscreen input.

Thanks!

41List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:27 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Here's a suggestion: add the possibility to simulate a touchscreen input.
There is already a resistive touchscreen:
Micro->Perifericals.

42List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:35 pm

johnaldis

When making a subcircuit, we can add dip switches to the visible (board mode) components—but if we use that subcircuit the switch values aren't saved. I'd like them to be persistent.

43List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:25 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

When making a subcircuit, we can add dip switches to the visible (board mode) components—but if we use that subcircuit the switch values aren't saved. I'd like them to be persistent.
Ok, I will see how can it be done.

johnaldis likes this post

44List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:23 am

KerimF

KerimF

First, I like to thank you for the great gift/tool, SimulIDE.
It seems that the only way to zoom in/out now is by using the mouse scroll wheel (after using 'search' of the forum).

I run Windows 7 – 32 bit.
I installed and run SimulIDE_0.4.15-SR10_Win32
Since the driver of the rather robust USB mouse, I got with an IBM PC for XP in year 2006, is very old, SimulIDE is, normally, not made to be compatible to it. I tried to update the driver, but it seems there is no newer version of it.

The obvious solution is to buy a new USB mouse. It happened that every time I bought a new mouse, it ceases working properly (due to a mechanical fault) after a few months only!

So I just wonder if someday ‘zooming’ could be done by using two keys on keyboard.
Is this possible to happen?

Thank you.

45List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:35 am

n3645

Cheap mice are not made to last more than few months. I rather buy quality series once in a few years. I still using old Logitech MX-500 without any issues, which cost around 50 euro, long, long time ago. Cheap mice cost 5-10 euro, but they failure fast.

46List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:34 pm

KerimF

KerimF

I noticed the word 'Projects' on the 1st line of the 'Features' list [1st post].
Doesn't it mean that all user's settings (files to be loaded and compiled, also the breakpoints... to name a few) that are related to a project are saved before exit?
So, when the user opens a project, he can go on in working on it from where it was saved.

If this is the case, I think it is indeed a crucial feature mainly in testing a new complex program as SimulIDE. It saves time and many keystrokes.

Now, it seems that the entries of the MCU monitor only are saved; at least in the test project I work on

47List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:53 pm

KerimF

KerimF

I noticed that the 'Search' function is disabled (its icon removed) during debugging.

While the 'Replace' function is not real important while the debugger is running, the 'Search' one is usually useful, if not very useful, I guess.

Now, I copy/past the entire code on an excel sheet and number its lines (as on the Right Panel) so that I can search for a word or expression, whenever it is necessary, without leaving the debugger.

48List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:20 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

I noticed the word 'Projects' on the 1st line of the 'Features' list [1st post].
Doesn't it mean that all user's settings (files to be loaded and compiled, also the breakpoints... to name a few) that are related to a project are saved before exit?
So, when the user opens a project, he can go on in working on it from where it was saved.

If this is the case, I think it is indeed a crucial feature mainly in testing a new complex program as SimulIDE. It saves time and many keystrokes.

Now, it seems that the entries of the MCU monitor only are saved; at least in the test project I work on
Yes, "Projects" is something that will be implemented.

One important thing that is missing is saving breakpoints, but currently you can open the last files used and Mcu Monitor is saved in the circuit file.
There are also some other features, for example you can save the compiler to use in the first line of the source code.
If you are using Avrasm2 compiler, then add this line to your asm file (must be in the first line):
Code:
; Compiler: Avrasm2
; To test an asm file written for avarasm2 [MCU: ATmega8]
/*
To test an asm file written for avarasm2
*/

I noticed that the 'Search' function is disabled (its icon removed) during debugging.

While the 'Replace' function is not real important while the debugger is running, the 'Search' one is usually useful, if not very useful, I guess.
Good point, obviously Search function should not be disabled.

49List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:56 pm

KerimF

KerimF

Thank you.

50List of Feature Requests.  - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Feature Requests. Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:11 pm

AlexZR

Hello, dear.

I hesitate to ask, can I add a Teensy 4.1 microcontroller ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum