Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SimulIDE trunk Tester builds.

+8
KarstenLehmann
vranik
Defran
KerimF
TimFisch
Alex68
Fizik_S
arcachofo
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

76SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:24 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

New build at Rev 1530 uploaded.

Check first message in this post.

@Fizik_S:
Check your subcircuit displays:
- Led positions has been improved.
- 7 segment display appearance improved.
- Now you can place Pins at half grid cell.

Fizik_S likes this post

77SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:27 pm

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

Seven-segment displays look much better. Thanks for the improvements.

A user from a Russian-language forum found a problem in a program with a Russian interface: the menu items of the components "Switches", "Connectors", "Other" are not disclosed. There is no such error in the previous version.
SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Err10
SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Err112

Alex68 likes this post

78SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:08 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Fizik_S wrote:A user from a Russian-language forum found a problem in a program with a Russian interface: the menu items of the components "Switches", "Connectors", "Other" are not disclosed. There is no such error in the previous version.
Thanks to that user. I will have a look.

79SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:31 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Fizik_S wrote:A user from a Russian-language forum found a problem in a program with a Russian interface: the menu items of the components "Switches", "Connectors", "Other" are not disclosed. There is no such error in the previous version.
Solved at Rev 1539.

Fizik_S and Alex68 like this post

80SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:54 pm

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

An error in the operation of the logic analyzer. After the simulation stops, signal graphs remain on the screen. After moving the window, the contents are cleared. The error appears only when the analyzer is connected to complex circuits containing several chips.

SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 La_err10

81SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:52 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

An error in the operation of the logic analyzer. After the simulation stops, signal graphs remain on the screen. After moving the window, the contents are cleared. The error appears only when the analyzer is connected to complex circuits containing several chips.
Thanks, I will have a look.

82SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:28 am

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

Processors Z80, MCS6502 do not work. In SimulIDE-R1452, the MCS6502 processor is running. Test schemes in the attachment.

SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 6502_b10
SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 6502_g10
SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Z80_ba10
Attachments
SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 AttachmentCPU_Test.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(5 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

83SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:37 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Processors Z80, MCS6502 do not work. In SimulIDE-R1452, the MCS6502 processor is running. Test schemes in the attachment.
About 6505: as I understand it, RDY Pin must be high:
"A low input logic level on the Ready (RDY) will halt the microprocessor in its current state."

About Z80: I don't know, maybe vranik can have a look.

84SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:29 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

@Fizik_S:

6502 is not completely finished, I think it is near to completion, but I haven't tested all the instructions and control lines, just that it can read an execute some instructions.
So the Reset sequence, read/write to external memory and some control lines are working:

SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 650211

If someone wants to test it, the first step would be to ensure that the instruction set is working correctly.

Also note that I'm not an expert in 6502, I started this as a proof of concept for MPUs, so to make this work correctly some help will be needed.

The rest of the ICs of the family (6522 and friends) are in a very early state of development and are being built as scripted components.
Also as a proof of concept for scripted components.

6522 script is not far from completion, but not fully functional yet (data/MCS65/6522/6522_core.as).

85SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:48 am

Alex68

Alex68

I translated version 1530 to English interface. I work in it now. The program works better than with Russian.

86SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:13 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi Alex.
Which problems do you find in Russian version?

87SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:25 am

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

The problem is described in post #77 of this topic.

88SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:51 am

Alex68

Alex68

arcachofo wrote:Hi Alex.
Which problems do you find in Russian version?

Switching elements did not open.
 I also have a request for you. The latest models made by the Physicist are to be put in subsequent versions.SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 2023-115

89SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:27 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Fizik_S wrote:The problem is described in post #77 of this topic.
Alex68 wrote:Switching elements did not open.
Ok, that issue is already solved.
I was not sure if there is some other problem.

Alex68 wrote: I also have a request for you. The latest models made by the Physicist are to be put in subsequent versions.
Yes, I will do it.

Now I'm mostly focused in fixing issues in version 1.0.0. I think it is almost done.
I'm also creating new tutorials for 1.0.0.
When this is done and 1.0.0 "stable" is published, I will focus on development version again.

Alex68 likes this post

90SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:06 am

KerimF

KerimF

I hope that the breakpoint issue (while debugging an AVR assembly code) was fixed too.

Sometimes, removing a breakpoint removes its yellow square only.

I noticed that this likely happens when the cursor is on a breakpoint (the debugger halted) and I like to remove it.
So, in order to ensure its removal, I execute first one or more instructions to let the cursor leaves the breakpoint, then I remove it.

In case a breakpoint cannot be removed (lack of its yellow square), I save and close the 'asm' file. Then I delete its 'brk' file before reloading the 'asm' file.

91SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:16 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

KerimF wrote:I hope that the breakpoint issue (while debugging an AVR assembly code) was fixed too.

Sometimes, removing a breakpoint removes its yellow square only.

I noticed that this likely happens when the cursor is on a breakpoint (the debugger halted) and I like to remove it.
So, in order to ensure its removal, I execute first one or more instructions to let the cursor leaves the breakpoint, then I remove it.

In case a breakpoint cannot be removed (lack of its yellow square), I save and close the 'asm' file. Then I delete its 'brk' file before reloading the 'asm' file.
Yes, this issue is solved.

In addition there are some other issues solved, for example:
Now it does not save .brk file if there are not breakpoints.
And the breakpoint moves with the line (if you add or remove lines before the breakpoint).

KerimF likes this post

92SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:54 am

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

For the R1530 version:
1. The program closes at the start of the simulation if MCS6532 is present in the circuit.
2. The program closes when the "Open MCU monitor" command is executed

93SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:01 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

For the R1530 version:
1. The program closes at the start of the simulation if MCS6532 is present in the circuit.
2. The program closes when the "Open MCU monitor" command is executed
Yes, sorry, 6532 is completely unusable right now.

I also have to explain the last changes in subcircuits, most of them are improvements, but there are some constrains as well, for example: subcircuits type "Logic" don't work in "Board Mode".

94SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:46 am

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

Does MCS6532 work in the program SimulIDE_R1452?
I want to test the MCS6502 processor. Most circuits with this processor use MCS6532.

95SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:11 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Does MCS6532 work in the program SimulIDE_R1452?
No it does not work at all.
It would not be too difficult to make the IO ports work, but the timer and some other thing need an script.

96SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:14 pm

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

Thanks to the Alex68 post ( https://simulide.forumotion.com/t1405-address-bus-processor-z80-test ), I was able to detect the Z80 error. The processor does not process the reset correctly. I have put together a simple scheme that works correctly after running the simulation. After pressing the "Reset" button, the processor "freezes". I will continue testing.

SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Z80_te10
Attachments
SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 AttachmentTest_Z80.zip
(3 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Alex68 likes this post

97SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:27 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Thanks to the Alex68 post ( https://simulide.forumotion.com/t1405-address-bus-processor-z80-test ), I was able to detect the Z80 error. The processor does not process the reset correctly. I have put together a simple scheme that works correctly after running the simulation. After pressing the "Reset" button, the processor "freezes". I will continue testing.
Thanks, not sure if I can find the problem but I will have a look.

Note that the Mcu Monitor shows a lot of internal information useful to debug:

SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Z8011

98SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:46 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

About 6532:
I cleaned the files and implemented basic IO functionality.
At least now it does not crash and works to Read/Write IO Ports and RAM.
Interrupts and timers are not working.
Files attached.

Works in R1530.

And here a short video explaining how to install files and run the test program, (and edit, compile and upload the script if you want):

Attachments
SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Attachment6532-basic.zip
(10 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

99SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:31 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

It is possible to debug Z80.
There are still some issues to fix, and depends on the assembler, but it is possible:

100SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. - Page 4 Empty Re: SimulIDE trunk Tester builds. Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:44 pm

vranik

About Z80: I don't know, maybe vranik can have a look.
I am on holiday now. I will look at it next week. Please be patient.

arcachofo and Fizik_S like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum