Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds.

+6
TimFisch
dvarkin
Fizik_S
MSABU
Alex68
arcachofo
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

176SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:48 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Problem with Reset Debugger is solved at Rev 1364.
I think the random crashes are also fixed, at least one of the problems is fixed, not sure if there are some other.

Problems with wrong cycle count and some other are not fixed yet, I'm focusing in critical issues first.
Soon I will upload new executables.

177SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:54 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

KerimF wrote:Saving the defined breakpoints on a code (under test) just before exit so that they can be restored with their code later. Their maximum number may need to be limited, as convenient to the usage memory of SimulIDE.
This has been implemented in 1.0.1:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t1101-simulide-1-0-1-tester-builds

Not sure if this will be the definitive solution, but it solves the problem by now:
Source file must be saved to save breakpoints.
Breakpoint line numbers are saved to a file: source.asm.brk
Opening source.asm will restore breakpoints.

178SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:44 pm

KerimF

KerimF

A few days ago, we were at SimulIDE_1.0.0-R1148 and now there is SimulIDE_1.0.0-R1364, a big jump done in a short time!
But perhaps you meant 1.0.1-R1364.

179SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:28 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

A few days ago, we were at SimulIDE_1.0.0-R1148 and now there is SimulIDE_1.0.0-R1364, a big jump done in a short time!
But perhaps you meant 1.0.1-R1364.
Indeed is trunk R1364, but as the report was done here I replied here.

180SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:57 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

New build at Rev 1182 uploaded.

Have a look at first post for download links.

KerimF likes this post

181SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:13 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

New build at Rev 1208 uploaded.

Alex68 likes this post

182SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:07 am

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

When you group select several or one subcircuits created as a "board" and perform a copy-paste operation, an error appears in the form of separate components that are part of the subcircuit.
SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Err111
SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Err211

Newer versions of the program do not have this error.

183SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:19 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

When you group select several or one subcircuits created as a "board" and perform a copy-paste operation, an error appears in the form of separate components that are part of the subcircuit.
Thanks, solved at Rev 1218.

184SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:11 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

New build at Rev 1233 uploaded.

The plan is to release version 1.0.0 "stable" this week.

Alex68 likes this post

185SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:42 am

TimFisch

TimFisch

I found small issues in the translation / naming:
- it seems, that in the properties of the eletrolyte capacitor, capacitor and inductor the Auto Step unit seems not to be in the lingiust file (should be "Schritt(e)" in German).
- similar thing in WaveGen unit for Quality
- the context menu for shown texts like component names seems to be not covered by the linguist file (rotating clockwise.. etc)
- also the text on the serial port button ("open") seems also not to be in the file.
- The context menu in the arduino text area ("right panel") is only partially covered
- Some of the outputs in the right panel are not covered (e.g. Error: File not saved)
- The message box for closeEvent (in right panel and central panel) seems not to have a correct title. Additionally the buttons seem not to be covered in linguist.

Another thing: why do have boards and shields like the Arduino ones a property called logic symbol, which is not clickable?

https://wiki.mexle.hs-heilbronn.de/

186SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:38 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

- it seems, that in the properties of the eletrolyte capacitor, capacitor and inductor the Auto Step unit seems not to be in the lingiust file (should be "Schritt(e)" in German).
- similar thing in WaveGen unit for Quality
- the context menu for shown texts like component names seems to be not covered by the linguist file (rotating clockwise.. etc)
- also the text on the serial port button ("open") seems also not to be in the file.
Solved.

- The context menu in the arduino text area ("right panel") is only partially covered
- The message box for closeEvent (in right panel and central panel) seems not to have a correct title. Additionally the buttons seem not to be covered in linguist.
For these I think I need to add Qt translation files (if I can find them).

- Some of the outputs in the right panel are not covered (e.g. Error: File not saved)
Most of the messages in the bottom panels are not translated.
Initially many of these messages were only shown if you start the app from a terminal, only for debug purposes, so not included in the translation.
I guess all these strings should be added, but that is a lot of sentences.

EDIT:
Another thing: why do have boards and shields like the Arduino ones a property called logic symbol, which is not clickable?
Well.. it is clickable, but if the corresponding file does not exist then it does nothing.

This is solved in trunk, but to do it efficiently I had to modify a big chunk of code.
I try to avoid modifications in 1.0.0 unless it solves some problem.

Last edited by arcachofo on Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

TimFisch likes this post

187SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:45 pm

diego_souza

Hi!

Great that the support to the Arduino IDE v2 has been added. Worked like a charm!

SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Arduin10

arcachofo likes this post

188SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:08 pm

diego_souza

Hi,

A minor detail is that the ".hex" file generated by Arduino 2 appeared in the SimulDE main directory.

(just to confirm if this is expected).

Thanks!

SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Arduin11

189SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:20 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

A minor detail is that the ".hex" file generated by Arduino 2 appeared in the SimulDE main directory.
Yes, it happens with Arduino 1 or 2 if the sketch is not saved.
This probably needs a better solution.

190SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:30 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

New build at Rev 1262 uploaded.

I keep finding some notable issues, so the "stable" version will not be released by now.
I'm expending lot of time testing 1.0.0, so everything else is almost stopped.

191SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:12 pm

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

On the Russian-language forum, the user found 2 errors. The version of the program is not specified, but I assume it is the Rev 1262 version. http://www.nedopc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=19727&p=168943#p168840

1. After some time in the text editor, the cursor disappears. The cursor appears after restarting the program.

2. When using microcontrollers (any PIC, I do not use others), when setting the checkbox, the "external generator" works, the conclusions cannot be brought to A6 / A7 (although it should be the opposite, I have them on the circuit in advance). Even if I turn off the clock generator, the circuit will still work. It doesn't matter if I draw quartz with capacitors and connect them to A6/A7, the circuit will always work. There is a virtual software generator of some kind that always works. The mentioned checkbox does not work in the settings, an external quartz oscillator or quartz also makes no difference. That's why I noticed it. I need to use A6 for my needs as an exit. I described it as a way out. I will immediately notice that I set the external clock signal/external quartz/internal oscillator modes correctly. By default, this controller, when installed as an "external clock signal", allows you to use A6 as a normal input/output pin when connecting the frequency to A7. This rule is not observed here.

192SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:28 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Nice to see that fifan is testing PIC microcontrollers.
This is very needed, because there is nobody testing PICs.
Most people test and report about AVR, but PICs are almost abandoned.

1. After some time in the text editor, the cursor disappears. The cursor appears after restarting the program.
Yes, I noticed it, not solved yet, but it will de solved.

2. When using microcontrollers (any PIC, I do not use others), when setting the checkbox, the "external generator" works, the conclusions cannot be brought to A6 / A7 (although it should be the opposite, I have them on the circuit in advance). Even if I turn off the clock generator, the circuit will still work. It doesn't matter if I draw quartz with capacitors and connect them to A6/A7, the circuit will always work. There is a virtual software generator of some kind that always works. The mentioned checkbox does not work in the settings, an external quartz oscillator or quartz also makes no difference. That's why I noticed it. I need to use A6 for my needs as an exit. I described it as a way out. I will immediately notice that I set the external clock signal/external quartz/internal oscillator modes correctly. By default, this controller, when installed as an "external clock signal", allows you to use A6 as a normal input/output pin when connecting the frequency to A7. This rule is not observed here.
I understand that this can be confusing.
In simulide, Microcontroller clock is always generated internally, and it's defined by the property "Frequency".

The property "External Oscillator" only disables the pins used as clock inputs.
By now there is no way to configure the oscillator module and all it's modes.
So in this case if you need to use some of the clock pins, just leave "External Oscillator" property disabled.

Why not to use external clock in the simulation:
Using an external clock would slow down the simulation so much that it would be unusable.
Just having a Clock at 20 MHz in the circuit can slow down the simulation by a factor of 10:

SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Clock10

And this is just the Clock, with no Microcontroller in the circuit.
If you use an RC oscillator it would be 1/100 the speed instead of 1/10.
In addition the code to run the Microcontroller with an external oscillator would be much more complex and slow.
So at the end, a simple "blink led" would be so slow that you need to wait 1 minute to see it blink.

193SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:26 pm

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

fifan clarified the manifestation of the program error:
when selecting the "External oscillator" checkbox, the simulator incorrectly processes the operating modes of ports A6, A7. Details here:
http://www.nedopc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=19727&start=180#p168945
SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Osc10
SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Pic_er10

194SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:50 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

fifan clarified the manifestation of the program error:
when selecting the "External oscillator" checkbox, the simulator incorrectly processes the operating modes of ports A6, A7.
Thanks. I replied in nedoPC forum.
Basically what he wants to do in not implemented yet.

195SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:30 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

arcachofo wrote:Thanks. I replied in nedoPC forum.
Seems that my reply requires approval.
Just in case this was my reply:

Oscillator module and all it's modes are controlled (in general) by configuration word.
Configuration word is not implemented yet, so most functionalities controlled by it are not implemented in simulide 1.0.0.
In most cases these functionalities are not relevant for the simulation, so implementing this has low priority .

To solve some some of these functionalities there is the "Config" properties.
But these are generic and don't include specifications for each device:

- Enable Reset Pin: When an IO Pin is used as reset.
- External Oscillator: It just disables oscillator Pins, indicating that they are not valid IO Pins.
- Enable WatchDog: Equivalent to enable watchdog from configuration word.

Specific cases for each mode of each module of each device controlled by configuration word are not implemented yet.

I understand that the output of clock/4 at OSC2 can be useful in some cases, but not in most cases.
But this depends in implementing the whole framework for configuration word, it is not something that can be implemented just for one case.

Fizik_S likes this post

196SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:25 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

New build at Rev 1290 uploaded.

I added some features that I think are very important:

1- User data folder: https://simulide.forumotion.com/t990-custom-components-scripted#6004
You can choose a folder to store your subcircuits, MCUs, syntax files, etc.
This folder is equivalent to the data folder in Simulide.
This has precedence over Simulide data folder, so if you use the same Component name, the component in user folder will be used instead of the component in Simulide data folder.

2- Deployable data folder: you can deploy your subcircuits and MCUs along with your circuits.
This way anyone can use your circuit even if it contains subcircuits not present in Simulide.
Have a look at any of the circuits from Defran in "Projects made in SimulIDE", he usually uses this feature, now it is available in 1.0.0.

3- Most Component properties are now applied immediately while the simulation is running.
There are still a few that need simulation restart.
Any change in the circuit topology still forces a simulation shutdown.

Fizik_S and Alex68 like this post

197SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:39 pm

diego_souza

Hi all,

These are great updates!

Could you please instruct me how to use a custom data folder?

I did the following steps:

1. Downloaded an example circuit from the "Projects made in SimulIDE". In this case, this one: https://simulide.forumotion.com/t1388-227__graphics-and-texts-on-tft-color-ili9341

2. Downloaded Rev 1290

3. Configured on Settings > App > User data folder, the "data" folder inside Defran's directory (extracted from the zip file).

SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Defran10

4. Opened the "sim1" file shared by Defran.

The simulation works but the custom arduino model is not shown.

SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Defran11

I have restarted SimulIDE and the situation is the same...

Are these the right steps?

Or should I copy the folders inside Defran's "data" dir to another dir?

Thanks!

198SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:54 pm

Defran

Defran

Please, use Simulide, version trunk.

KerimF likes this post

199SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:55 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi Diego.

There are 2 things here:
1- User data folder.
This is a folder in user space that works the same as the "data" folder in Simulide.
You can place there your subcircuits, syntax files, etc.
This way, your custom files are there even if you use different versions of Simulide.

2- Delivery custom subcircuits along with your circuits:
If you create a custom subcircuit that is not in Simulide, then others can't use it.
So you can place your subcircuit in a "data" folder right next to the .sim1 file.
This way others can use your circuit without having to "install" the new subcircuit.

So to use the files provided by Defran you don't need to do nothing, just open it.
The problem here is shown at the bottom panel:

SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Err10

In 1.0.0 there is no Lamp component, this is not a subcircuit, is a primitive in Simulide, so you need to use the version that  has the Lamp: https://simulide.forumotion.com/t550-simulide-trunk-tester-builds

Defran and KerimF like this post

200SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Empty Re: SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:02 pm

diego_souza

Thanks guys, now I understand.

It works perfectly! Great update!

SimulIDE 1.0.0 Tester builds. - Page 8 Defran12

arcachofo, Defran and KerimF like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum