Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CircSim - Mobile version of SimulIDE?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CircSim - Mobile version of SimulIDE? Empty CircSim - Mobile version of SimulIDE? Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:27 pm

RadThadd

RadThadd

I recently been getting back into using an android app called "CircSim" it's practically identical to SimulIDE, but it lacks MANY components. Has anyone heard of it? What's the status on its further development?

2CircSim - Mobile version of SimulIDE? Empty Re: CircSim - Mobile version of SimulIDE? Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:15 pm

Defran

Defran

My recomendation is that you use Simulide from now on Windows, Linux or Apple. It has practically all the discrete components and all TTL (serial 74), CMOS (Serial 40 and 45), memories, controlers, microprocessors, etc, etc.

Creating a new component is very easy once you master the use of Simulide.

Enter in the web an see all its benefits. Simulide is constantly evolving. I am just a user delighted with Simulide. Go ahead...

Best Regards.

arcachofo

arcachofo

Years ago, one guy compiled simulide for Android and called it "CircSim".
But he didn't implement the necessary changes to make it work in Android, he just compiled it for Android as it is.
And simulide is designed to be used with a mouse, not with touch screens, so it is not usable in an Android device.

In adition, he does not provide the source code, infringing GPL license.
So this software is illegal and could contain malware.

There is not "official" version of simulide for Android.

blitobyte

blitobyte

Defran wrote:My recomendation is that you use Simulide from now on Windows, Linux or Apple. It has practically all the discrete components and all TTL (serial 74), CMOS (Serial 40 and 45), memories, controlers, microprocessors, etc, etc.

Creating a new component is very easy once you master the use of Simulide.

Enter in the web an see all its benefits. Simulide is constantly evolving. I am just a user delighted with Simulide. Go ahead...

Best Regards.

Hi Defran. Where can I find info about creating new components?

5CircSim - Mobile version of SimulIDE? Empty Re: CircSim - Mobile version of SimulIDE? Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:15 pm

Defran

Defran

The Simulator developers call the components an devices created in Simulide "SUBCIRCUITS" and with that name you will find extensive information on this website using its search engine. When you refer to them, always call them Subcircuits, never "models" or another thing.

Here you have info form Simulide:

https://www.simulide.com/p/new-subcircuits.html
https://www.simulide.com/p/boards.html

In the "data" folder of Simulide you have many real examples where you can study how they are made.

And if you like to use the subcircuits of my proyects on your own projects follow these steps on the SimulIde "data" folder:

1) Create the "USER" folder and the "USER.xml" file (on simulide/data).

The USER.xml file with the same internal structure as other *.xml, but writing the proper parts of your case...

2) copy my subcircuit folder from the data folder of my project to "USER" folder.

The folder of a subcircuit typically have these three files:

*.sim1 (electrical schematic)
        *.package (pinout body)
        *_LS.package (Logical Symbol to see and use in your shematic)

3) Add the same "subcircuit name" in USER.xml.

Now the new component will be seen in the SimulIde MENU (Under the USER submenu) ready to use.

There are more things to know about the subject, but what has been said is the basics to start with.

Good luck, it is very very easy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum