Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scope Trigger / Filter

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scope Trigger / Filter Empty Scope Trigger / Filter Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:46 am

TimFisch

TimFisch

I just played a bit with the scope, since my students also have to learn to use real ones and could train themselves with simulide.

I don't exactly understand the usage of the "filter". Should this be the trigger level?
  1. It is not really acting like this on a 1kHz sine wave: once inserting 2.0V there is no shift, once insering 2.2V there is too much shift..
    Might it be possible to have "a real" trigger level included (and named  rabbit ) as a feature?
  2. It would also be great to see it as e.g. an arrow in the scope screen (see mockup image below).
  3. Addidionally another rotary knob as an input would be good.

Scope Trigger / Filter Scope10

https://wiki.mexle.hs-heilbronn.de/

2Scope Trigger / Filter Empty Re: Scope Trigger / Filter Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:30 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

I don't exactly understand the usage of the "filter". Should this be the trigger level?
Filter is used to avoid triggers generated by "noise"

For example in cases like this, if filter = 0 then it will trigger at the high frequency component of the signal.
If you set filter to a valule > amplitude of undesired signal, then it will triger by the low frequency component.

Scope Trigger / Filter Filt210

The exact point of the trigger depends on various things.

Might it be possible to have "a real" trigger level included (and named rabbit ) as a feature?
It would also be great to see it as e.g. an arrow in the scope screen (see mockup image below).
Addidionally another rotary knob as an input would be good.
Yes, something like this and some other trigger features are planned.
For example an option for rising/falling edge is missing now.

Triggers will have a separate "section" with options to configure it.
Perhaps similar to Logic Analizer, at the bottom, but not 100% sure yet.

TimFisch likes this post

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum