Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

high - low pass RC filter

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1high - low pass RC filter Empty high - low pass RC filter Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:29 pm

ci@telemack.net

Hello - quick noob question : can you simulate an rc filter with Simulide ? I could not find any specific examples / workshops on this subject - and my attempts are not very successful so far...
Tx Smile

2high - low pass RC filter Empty Re: high - low pass RC filter Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:14 am

Defran

Defran

Of course, Simulide is capable of operating with RC filters. Dare to draw a filter with the sinusoidal generator at the input and the osciloscope at the output to see its behavior at diferent frequencies. You can see filters of this type in the examples of Made in Simulide section, but you will have to look for them. In internet you have also multitude. Good luck.

3high - low pass RC filter Empty Re: high - low pass RC filter Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:49 pm

KerimF

KerimF

high - low pass RC filter Rcfilt11
Attachments
high - low pass RC filter AttachmentRCfilter_01.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(2 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

4high - low pass RC filter Empty Re: high - low pass RC filter Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:16 pm

KerimF

KerimF

ci@telemack.net wrote:Hello - quick noob question : can you simulate an rc filter with Simulide ? I could not find any specific examples / workshops on this subject - and my attempts are not very successful so far...
Tx Smile

As far as I know, a sinewave generator whose frequency can be changed in a certain range automatically (controlled by a voltage source for example) is not implemented yet.

In case you meant you like to display the amplitude and phase versus frequency (as in the AC analysis done by other simulators), SimulIDE helps in simulating/debugging codes rather quickly by simulating their controller's logic. Although SimulIDE started for the digital world, with time it gained more and more power to simulate, in transient mode, many analog circuits as well and keeps progressing, thanks to its developer and supporters.

5high - low pass RC filter Empty Re: high - low pass RC filter Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:29 am

ci@telemack.net

Ok understood - thanks for all the feed back !

6high - low pass RC filter Empty Re: high - low pass RC filter Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:09 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

As far as I know, a sinewave generator whose frequency can be changed in a certain range automatically (controlled by a voltage source for example) is not implemented yet.
Currently you can change the frequency manually during simulation.
But now we have the new "linking" system: https://simulide.forumotion.com/t1556-linking-components#6810
So... a lot of things like this will be possible.

I made WaveGen and Clock linkable and added "Min value" and "Max value" properties to the new Dial Component.
So now it is possible to control frequency with a dial.
Note that this could be packed in a subcircuit to create a variable frequency function generator for example.

Video example: controlling freq with dial:

And using scripted components it would be possible to do whatever you want: control freq. by voltage, current, by any calculation or algorithm, from a microcontroller (I2C, SPI, Uart), by external application through serial, etc.

An scripted component could also detect frequency, phase and amplitude and display values (in the future also plot it), but it would be quite slow in this case.

KerimF likes this post

7high - low pass RC filter Empty Re: high - low pass RC filter Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:54 pm

Defran

Defran

Fine, but in the last released trunk version 1709, properties of dial is not the same as what you shown in your video, then...

high - low pass RC filter 2023-036

However, I take adventage of this post to give you a round of applause for finally implementing the linear potentiometer. thanks.

8high - low pass RC filter Empty Re: high - low pass RC filter Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:03 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Fine, but in the last released trunk version 1709, properties of dial is not the same as what you shown in your video, then...
No, I did these changes today, so they will be available soon when I upload new executables.
Maybe tomorrow or in the next days.

Or you can get the source code and compile yourself.

9high - low pass RC filter Empty Re: high - low pass RC filter Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:16 am

Defran

Defran

Good job and I will wait for the new version that you release, but don't be in a hurry, it's very hot...

10high - low pass RC filter Empty Re: high - low pass RC filter Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:27 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

However, I take adventage of this post to give you a round of applause for finally implementing the linear potentiometer. thanks.
Yes, now it is much easier, after feri implemented custom dials:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t1302-dial-and-button-rotation-look-different#5907

11high - low pass RC filter Empty Re: high - low pass RC filter Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:59 pm

Defran

Defran

Good for Feri too. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum