Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Improvements for Scope GUI

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Improvements for Scope GUI Empty Improvements for Scope GUI Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:46 pm

TimFisch

TimFisch

The new scope looks better and better..

But it is a bit clumsy - at least on my WIN-PC with 0.5.15-RC3_WinX64 and WinX32.

1. The rotary controls and some text are hovering over the black display (see pic1).
  2. On this simple setup (scope and clock) i sometimes see instead of 50% duty cycle, something like 1% (see pic1). When changing the Voltage on the clock multiple times it jumps back to the correct display output andback again to the incorrect.
  3. When changing the Freq. and Voltage multiple times the shown output become sometimes even more strange (see pic2)
  4. Sometimes the simulation stops, when changing the time Div.
  5. The text "Expand" and its checkbox is cutted.
  6. It would be great, when one could select a graph and see the current values unter the pointer.
  7. When changing the Div and Pos values via up/down arrows (ob keyboard or on the scope) the changes still need pushing return
  8. The inputbox of the time div is white (like: it can only be changed for both). On the other hand, the time pos is in the color of the channel, but I don't the a possibility to change it individually for the channels.

Pic1: https://wiki.mexle.hs-heilbronn.de/_media/scopebugs1.jpg

Pic2: https://wiki.mexle.hs-heilbronn.de/_media/scopebugs2.jpg

And: Somehow i'm not able to send chosen jpg's, even when these are smaller than the given 0.195Mb..

I'm not sure, why the forum is not used more from others.
Did the number of downloads / simulides users drop?
Or am I the only one how is working with the bleeding edge version? scratch

Maybe, It could be better to separate the threads of the RCs from the threads of the working version, in order not to irritate interrested users with "bugs" which are not available in the working version.

Edit:
The positions 1+5 in the list above can be solved by changing the DPI-settings on my PC (surface pro)...

https://wiki.mexle.hs-heilbronn.de/

2Improvements for Scope GUI Empty Re: Improvements for Scope GUI Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:58 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

The new scope looks better and better..
But it is a bit clumsy - at least on my WIN-PC with 0.5.15-RC3_WinX64 and WinX32.
Yes, there are still quite a few issues to solve.
Everything is more complicated whith the new simulation engine, and oscope is probing to be specially hard.
There are like 6-7 issues solved in RC4 so far, and there are still some that will hopefully be solved in this RC.

WaveGen and Clock also have some errors, some of the issues may be related to this instead of Oscope.

1. The rotary controls and some text are hovering over the black display (see pic1).
5. The text "Expand" and its checkbox is cutted.
The positions 1+5 in the list above can be solved by changing the DPI-settings
I think this is realed to: https://simulide.forumotion.com/t49-appearance-in-diferent-systems
It is the big size of checkboxes what makes it overflow.

The only idea to solve these issues by now is using a stylesheet.
Indeed there is already one, but it's not finished:
To test it, go to SimulIDE_0.5.15-RC3-XX/share/simulide/data/config/
And rename simulide-0.qss to simulide.qss , the stylesheet will be applied next time you run simulide.
Not sure, but this might solve this issue without changing DPI.

2. On this simple setup (scope and clock) i sometimes see instead of 50% duty cycle, something like 1% (see pic1). When changing the Voltage on the clock multiple times it jumps back to the correct display output andback again to the incorrect.

3. When changing the Freq. and Voltage multiple times the shown output become sometimes even more strange (see pic2)
Looks like an error in Clock Component, will be solved for next RC.

4. Sometimes the simulation stops, when changing the time Div.
I have noticed it, but not sure what is causing the issue; I will investigate.

6. It would be great, when one could select a graph and see the current values unter the pointer.
Yes, this idea is in the plans.
By now only the time is shown, which is common for both channels (related to 8.).
About voltages, I'm not yet sure how to do.
I'm thinking that voltages for both channels could be shown, but not inside the oscope screen... maybe on the left side.

7. When changing the Div and Pos values via up/down arrows (ob keyboard or on the scope) the changes still need pushing return
Yes, i tried to solve this issue, but if I activate that change, then if you write a value it will apply it every time you write a number...
Not yet sure how to solve this issue. And by now there are many important issues to solve. But eventually i will get into this.

8. The inputbox of the time div is white (like: it can only be changed for both). On the other hand, the time pos is in the color of the channel, but I don't the a possibility to change it individually for the channels.
Yes, both channels use the same timing, but you can add an "offset" (time pos).
It should be possible to change it individually for each channel.
Unless that channel has the "Auto" activated, in that case that channel is "locked" to fit inside the screen.
You can activate "Auto", which will scale time and volt. to fit, then deactivate it to make manual changes.

And: Somehow i'm not able to send chosen jpg's, even when these are smaller than the given 0.195Mb..
I will have a look...

I'm not sure, why the forum is not used more from others.
Did the number of downloads / simulides users drop?
Around December and July there is always less activity.
Anyway i agree with you that there is very little activity in this forum, don't know why.
Downloads of the public versions are around 30K/month right now, maybe the program is so bad that people download it but don't use it?  Laughing

Or am I the only one how is working with the bleeding edge version?
Basically.. yes.

Maybe, It could be better to separate the threads of the RCs from the threads of the working version, in order not to irritate interrested users with "bugs" which are not available in the working version.
You are right...
I think we should use the new "Development" section in this forum.
And I think I will move all related discussions there (once you reply here).

Indeed I will open a discussion just about oscope.
There are still a few changes I have in mind, and I would like to have some opinions.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum