Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

and more bugs ;-)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1and more bugs ;-) Empty and more bugs ;-) Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:54 pm

TimFisch

TimFisch

- Ctrl A for select all not available
- my first circuit ("Blinking LED": ATmega328 with R + Diode and a loop toggling D6) crashed simulide. But i was not able to reproduce afterwards.
- Is it as wanted, that Diodes without series resistor are shonw as "headed up" even, when there is no current flowing through?

https://wiki.mexle.hs-heilbronn.de/

2and more bugs ;-) Empty Re: and more bugs ;-) Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:08 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

I think this is not implemented, but I will add it...

- my first circuit ("Blinking LED": ATmega328 with R + Diode and a loop toggling D6) crashed simulide. But i was not able to reproduce afterwards.
I assume you mead "led" instead of "Diode"...
I will have a look, maybe there is something that catches my eye.

- Is it as wanted, that Diodes without series resistor are shonw as "headed up" even, when there is no current flowing through?
I don't understan this one.
What do you mean "headed up"?

Leds are now implemented on top of the new diode model.
This one is much more accurate, good for analog simulation, but much slower.
I think I will keep the old simple diode model as default model for Leds.

There is also a new feature for diodes and leds, that maybe will be applied to other components.
It was implemented for leds before, but now the visualization changed:
When the current surpases maximum current, it shows a "warning" yellow blink.
When it surpases too much it shows a "you burned this component" red fast blink.
Here max current is 1 A.

and more bugs ;-) Diod10

Last edited by arcachofo on Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

3and more bugs ;-) Empty Re: and more bugs ;-) Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:26 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Implemented in Rev 613.

4and more bugs ;-) Empty Re: and more bugs ;-) Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:42 am

TimFisch

TimFisch

Yes, I meant this visualization change of the LED. I tried source + switch + LED + GND . When started, the closing switch generates the "burned" LED. But when opening again, the LED is still burned.

It's not really a bug (to be honest: it's like in reality..). But from other simulations I know the implementation, like in your example with the variable voltage source.

https://wiki.mexle.hs-heilbronn.de/

5and more bugs ;-) Empty Re: and more bugs ;-) Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:27 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

It's not really a bug (to be honest: it's like in reality..). But from other simulations I know the implementation, like in your example with the variable voltage source.
Indeed that's a bug.
As you see in the gif above, when the current comes back to "aceptable", first it returns to "warning" then to nornal no flasing.

The first implementation was that once "burned" it stops working until simulation is restarted, but it was a bit anoying, so now it just shows the animation while current is above maximum, but when the condition stops it returns to normal.

This is my old friend "phantom voltage" that happens with switches + Diodes.
Funny that I figured out how to solve this just before implementing the new model. and more bugs ;-) 1f606

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum