Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strange behavior of the debugger

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Strange behavior of the debugger Empty Strange behavior of the debugger Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:37 pm

Philipp

I think I found a bug while trying to debug a program but I'm not quite sure...

I set the compiler to "Arduino" and compiling works just fine.

The .hex & -elf files are written to:

C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno

but when I try starting the debugger, it compiles the program again and than says "Fehler: Hex Datei existiert nicht" = " Error: Hex file doesn't exist"
C:/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/SimulIDE_PCINT_Test/main.hex

where "C:/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/SimulIDE_PCINT_Test" is the folder of the .sim1 file.

The strange thing is, when I try to copy the compiled .hex file to "C:/Users/USERNAME/Downloads/SimulIDE_PCINT_Test/main.hex" and restart the debugger it deletes the copied file and crashes with the same error message.

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong here?

currently trying it on version 1.0.0 rev 1334 on Windows

can also try it on Linux if it helps?

2Strange behavior of the debugger Empty Re: Strange behavior of the debugger Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:56 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Can you copy/paste here the complete output at the bottom panel from: "Starting Debbuger..." ?

3Strange behavior of the debugger Empty Re: Strange behavior of the debugger Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:01 pm

Philipp

Debugger wird gestartet... (=Debugger starting)

-------------------------------------------------------

Executing:
"C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/arduino-builder.exe" -compile -hardware "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/hardware" -tools "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/tools-builder" -tools "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/hardware/tools/avr" -built-in-libraries "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/libraries" -libraries "C:\Users\Philipp\Documents\Arduino/libraries" -fqbn=arduino:avr:megaADK -build-path "C:/Users/Philipp/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/build" -build-cache "C:/Users/Philipp/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/cache" "C:/Users/Philipp/Downloads/SimulIDE_PCINT_Test/src/main.cpp"

Build folder: C:/Users/Philipp/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno
SketchBook: C:\Users\Philipp\Documents\Arduino
Arduino Board "arduino:avr:megaADK"

Sketch uses 820 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 11 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 8181 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.

Fehler: Hex Datei existiert nicht: (=Error: Hex file doesn't exist)
C:/Users/Philipp/Downloads/SimulIDE_PCINT_Test/main.hex

Fehler beim Starten des Kompilers: (=Error while starting debugger)

Debugger gestoppt (=debugger stopped)

unfortunately it's in german Neutral , but I hope my translations are good enough?

4Strange behavior of the debugger Empty Re: Strange behavior of the debugger Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:09 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

"C:/Users/Philipp/Downloads/SimulIDE_PCINT_Test/src/main.cpp"
What happens if you save the file as main.ino?

5Strange behavior of the debugger Empty Re: Strange behavior of the debugger Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:13 pm

Philipp

exactly the same :/
also moved the .cpp / .ino file into the same folder as the.sim1 file but still no luck

6Strange behavior of the debugger Empty Re: Strange behavior of the debugger Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:19 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

The sketch should be in a folder with no other files, but in most cases it does not matter.

I could reproduce your issue with a main.cpp but it is working ok for me with main.ino.

Can you share your main.cpp file (just copy/paste here) ?

7Strange behavior of the debugger Empty Re: Strange behavior of the debugger Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:25 pm

Philipp

sorry

it seems I confused the compiler because there was a main.cpp and a main.ino file.

I moved the main.ino file into a seperate folder it it seems to work just fine now.

Is there any way to use .cpp files? (would be easier to work with PlatformIO)

Thanks!

main.cpp was the same as in my issue regarding Pin Change Interrupts Wink

8Strange behavior of the debugger Empty Re: Strange behavior of the debugger Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:28 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Is there any way to use .cpp files? (would be easier to work with PlatformIO)
Right now Arduino compiler in SimulIDE is configured to work with .ino files.
But it could probably be posible to work with .cpp files, I will have a look.

Philipp likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum