Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strange behavior with PIC16F877

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Strange behavior with PIC16F877 Empty Strange behavior with PIC16F877 Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:58 pm

pendiuk

Hello,

I hope that a I'm not missing something stupid, but I'm trying a simple circuit. I have a keypad and when pressing the '#' key, the PIC should invert the LEDs states.

What is happening is that the LEDs are initiating in the correct state (so it seems the HEX file was uploaded and the code is working), but when I press the button nothing happens. I don't know what I'm missing here, hope you can give me a hint scratch

Thanks!

P.S.: I've tested the code in Protheus (and it works fine), but I'm thinking in change the simulation software from my classes to yours since yours is Free! Very Happy
Attachments
Strange behavior with PIC16F877 Attachmentexample.zip
example.simu and the HEX file generated by MPLab
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(3 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by pendiuk on Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missing detail)

2Strange behavior with PIC16F877 Empty Re: Strange behavior with PIC16F877 Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:21 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi.

I will have a look.

Thanks for reporting.

pendiuk likes this post

3Strange behavior with PIC16F877 Empty Re: Strange behavior with PIC16F877 Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:11 pm

pendiuk

Hello!

Did you managed to take a look at what is happening? Could you replicate the problem?
If you didn't had the time, don't worry, it's not something urgent, I can wait xD

4Strange behavior with PIC16F877 Empty Re: Strange behavior with PIC16F877 Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:40 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi.

Without source code it takes longer to test.

Looks like the problem is resistors too low value, then voltage at PORTB.0 doesn't drop below 1.25V (low level).
It works for me with 1K resistor for example.

pendiuk likes this post

5Strange behavior with PIC16F877 Empty Re: Strange behavior with PIC16F877 Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:30 pm

pendiuk

Embarassed I just kept thinking about the software and totally forgot about the electronics! Of course, changing the resistors values worked for me too...

Thank you very much for your attention!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum