Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Empty AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Mon May 02, 2022 2:47 pm

Defran

Defran

I propose that when loading the simu or sim1 schema file, automatcally load the ino, and hex file if they exist in the same directory, is it ok?y

Last edited by Defran on Sun May 21, 2023 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

2AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Empty Re: AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Mon May 02, 2022 2:59 pm

n3645

I had to suggest something similar...

However, since one simu file can be used for multiple arduino sources and hex file, perhaps to save locatioin in simu or ini file?

The problem is, that In order to compile ino file, every arduino project need tp be located in separated directory with the same name as ino project.

3AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Empty Re: AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Mon May 02, 2022 3:17 pm

Defran

Defran

I say without extrafiles, automatically. The other way is to complicating everything a lot.

4AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Empty Re: AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Mon May 02, 2022 3:19 pm

Defran

Defran

Well, if the files ino and hex are in the same directory, they are loded if not, nothing.

With Simulide You can have SIMU, INO and HEX in the same dir. You do not need basically more, it a great advantage respect to other apps.

5AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Empty Re: AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Mon May 02, 2022 6:04 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

The problem is, that In order to compile ino file, every arduino project need tp be located in separated directory with the same name as ino project.
Exactly.
And no other files should be there.
So...

Well, if the files ino and hex are in the same directory, they are loded if not, nothing.
That should never happen.

6AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Empty Re: AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Mon May 02, 2022 7:43 pm

Defran

Defran

I have handreds of proyects, some only hardware and in my experience the best is to have all three files in the same directory with the same name and the logical thing is that when loading the simu they are also loaded ino and hex in two tabs separated from editor. This is the most operational.

AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. 2022-010

7AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Empty Re: AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Mon May 02, 2022 8:56 pm

n3645

I'm just suggesting more general solution...

For instance, during making DS18B20 component I have used several simple examples, using one and the same simu project. Indeed was a very difficult to open simu file, source, compiling, uploading hex file and debugging the same example numerous times and code corrections until example started to work correctly...

BTW, Arduino will automatically incorporate any additional CPP, header and assembler file in the build, if they are in the same directory, other than that will be simply ignored. At least that was the case so far...

8AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Empty Re: AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Mon May 02, 2022 10:22 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

I have handreds of proyects, some only hardware and in my experience the best is to have all three files in the same directory with the same name and the logical thing is that when loading the simu they are also loaded ino and hex in two tabs separated from editor. This is the most operational.
Ok, but that is your use case.
I have projects with 1 circuit and multiple hex files and multiple folders with ino files.
Other people can do in totally different ways.

This will be solved when "Projects" get implemented.

And...
The proper way is to have each sketch in one folder with only the files for that sketch.
In most cases nothing happens if you don't do it this way.... until it happens and you spend many hours scratching your head because everything looks correct but you get weird errors.

Or if you try to compile that sketch in Arduino IDE and it does not work...

9AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Empty Re: AUTOLOAD SIMU, INO AND HEX. Mon May 02, 2022 10:35 pm

n3645

I have make my own Arduino like IDE in the past, in order to avoid such weird stuff Arduino IDE doing, as compiling requests, i.e. to compile in weird directories not deleting preprocessor files  after compilation finish, etc. In the essence, very bad practice and security leaks, small, such simple and small utility do not use native CPU and OS, but specific JAVA version with hell of the background files to support it...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum