Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unable to load IHEX file

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unable to load IHEX file Empty Unable to load IHEX file Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:25 am

bjosol

Hi.
I have just installed version 0.4.14-SR4 from previous version 0.3.12-SR8. In the previos version i had no problems uploading Arduino hex files but in this version it refuse to cooperate (had other problems with the old version though that the simulation froze after a short while or if more than a few components where included).

Now the program compile correct with the " SUCCESS!!! Compilation Ok" message in the end but it refuse to upload.

There is  a warning message shown on the right side and a pop up message saying it is unable to upload IHEX file (is that a normal hex file by the way..??).

Any idea how to solve this..??

Björn
Attachments
Unable to load IHEX file AttachmentPopup.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(13 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Unable to load IHEX file AttachmentWarning message.PNG
(12 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by arcachofo on Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Marked as solved (green color))

2Unable to load IHEX file Empty Re: Unable to load IHEX file Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:23 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi.

Can you copy/paste here the complete output of Editor bottom panel after compilation+upload:
- Open simulide.
- Open Circuit.
- Open .ino file.
- Click on Editor->Upload button.
- Copy the whole content of Editor bottom panel and paste here.

The problem could be related to the use of non-latin characters or spaces in the path:
What is the path to 0.3.12-SR8 and the path to 0.4.14-SR4?

3Unable to load IHEX file Empty Re: Unable to load IHEX file Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:23 am

bjosol

Okidoki
I have attached everything after  "Linking everything together..."   in two screen shots.
#1 is the top part and #2 is the bottom part.

Regarding the file path i believe it was the same but  have already deleted the old versin and re-arraged a little so i am not completely certain.

Björn
Attachments
Unable to load IHEX file AttachmentScreendump 1.PNG
(40 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Unable to load IHEX file AttachmentScreendump 2.PNG
(24 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

4Unable to load IHEX file Empty Re: Unable to load IHEX file Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:56 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Thanks.

I suggest you to try 0.4.15-SR1, there are some problems solved related to Arduino compiler.

There is another problem solved in development version about path with spaces, but not included in 0.4.15-SR1.
So a workaround is removing spaces from folders like:
"Simulide + Arduino" to "Simulide+Arduino"
"Installed files" to "Installed_files"

Another thing to try is loading the hex file from the Arduino itself: right-click->Load Firmware.

If the problem persist please let me know.

5Unable to load IHEX file Empty Re: Unable to load IHEX file Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:50 pm

bjosol

Hi, i really appreciate the feedback.

I downloaded and installed the newer version as suggested and also removed all the spaces in the folder names. It still dont work but now with some new fault messages.

I get the same pop up as before (unable to load..!) when opening the ”simu”  file but when i click OK the ”simu” file look OK on the breadboard, this also happened earlier.

I can then open the ”ino” file and compile it (see attahed).
A different pop up message show when i try to upload, now it cant find the file just compiled.

That may be a natural consequence for the fact that the hex file actually disappeared from the file tree at the same instance as i tried to upload it. To get the file back in the folder i need to reinstall the software (unpack the zip file once again and over read the old files).

If i then instead right click on the Arduino board to load the firmware i get the same fault message as i did originally (unable to load…!)
Attachments
Unable to load IHEX file AttachmentCompiled ino file.PNG
(24 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Unable to load IHEX file AttachmentFile tree before upload.PNG
(6 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Unable to load IHEX file AttachmentAfter upload attempt.PNG
(7 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Unable to load IHEX file AttachmentFile tree after upload.PNG
(5 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Unable to load IHEX file AttachmentNew pop up fault message.PNG
(9 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

6Unable to load IHEX file Empty Re: Unable to load IHEX file Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:13 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Thanks.

There was several issues in the Arduino Compiler:
- Spaces in the file path.
- Non-latin characters (Björn) in the file path.
- Some errors not detected.

Those issues should be solved at Rev 206.

7Unable to load IHEX file Empty Re: Unable to load IHEX file Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:01 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Some erros still not detected in Windows version should be solved at Rev 207.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum