Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SImulIDE 1.0 and 1.1 still having problems compiling and loading code on Arduino

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OscarES

Hello,
Since yesterday I have been trying to find through Google and in the forum a way to compile and load the 'blink' example code from the IDE integrated into Simul IDE, I have not been successful. The alternative of generating the HEX file with the Arduino IDE 1.8.19 works well for me, but I want to do them from the IDE in SImulIDE.
When failing I get the following message:

Build folder: C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno
SketchBook: D:\Documents\Arduino
Arduino Board "arduino:avr:uno"

loading hardware from D:\Documentos\Arduino\hardware: D:\Documentos\Arduino\hardware is not a directory

I use Windows 10, 64 bits, updated and SimulIDE 1.0 and also 1.1, it fails in both. I use Arduino Ide version 1.8.19

Anyone who can have solved this same problem?

Thank you very much for your help

arcachofo

arcachofo

Can you copy/paste the complete output?

OscarES likes this post

OscarES

-------------------------------------------------------
Archivo: C:/SimulIDE/blink/Blink/Blink.ino

Found Arduino Version 1
Arduino Compilador cargado exitosamente.

Executing:
"C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/arduino-builder.exe" -compile -hardware "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/hardware" -hardware "D:\Documentos\Arduino/hardware" -tools "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/tools-builder" -tools "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/hardware/tools/avr" -built-in-libraries "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/libraries" -libraries "C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/libraries/" -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -build-path "C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/build" -build-cache "C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/cache" "C:\SimulIDE\blink\Blink\Blink.ino"

Build folder: C:/Users/oscar/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno
SketchBook: D:\Documentos\Arduino

loading hardware from D:\Documentos\Arduino\hardware: D:\Documentos\Arduino\hardware is not a directory

arcachofo

arcachofo

Thanks.
Seems that the Windows version works different...
Not sure what is the solution, I will have a look

By now you can try to create the folder: D:\Documentos\Arduino\hardware
No matter if it's empty

MedTronic and OscarES like this post

OscarES

"By now you can try to create the folder: D:\Documentos\Arduino\hardware
No matter if it's empty"

Thanks to your last suggestion, now compile and upload the code.
Good day!

arcachofo likes this post

arcachofo

arcachofo

arcachofo wrote:Seems that the Windows version works different...
Nothing different, this problem affects all versions.
Solved at Rev 1999.

MedTronic likes this post

OscarES

On my other PC with Windows 11, I use Arduino IDE v2.2.1, on this one the compilation and loading from SimulIDE does not work yet, I use the following paths:
Tool Path: C:/Program Files/Arduino IDE\
Library Patch: D:\Documentos\Arduino

it returns this message:

Archivo: D:/Documentos/Arduino/Proj_oscar/SimulIDE/Blink3/Blink3.ino

: Ejecutable no encontrado
: Comprobar que la ruta al ejecutable es correcta

WARNING: Compilation No ejecutada

arcachofo

arcachofo

On my other PC with Windows 11, I use Arduino IDE v2.2.1, on this one the compilation and loading from SimulIDE does not work
I think that problem is already solved.

Try with the last build:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t550-simulide-trunk-tester-builds#2961

OscarES

arcachofo wrote:
On my other PC with Windows 11, I use Arduino IDE v2.2.1, on this one the compilation and loading from SimulIDE does not work
I think that problem is already solved.

Try with the last build:

Thank you, do the most recent versions of SimulIDE, 1.0.0 and 1.1.0, downloaded 3 days ago, include the changes mentioned in the link?

arcachofo

arcachofo

Thank you, do the most recent versions of SimulIDE, 1.0.0 and 1.1.0, downloaded 3 days ago, include the changes mentioned in the link?
No, you have to download from that link.

OscarES

arcachofo wrote:
No, you have to download from that link.

Thank you so much,
Downloaded and working.

arcachofo likes this post

OscarES

arcachofo wrote:
arcachofo wrote:Seems that the Windows version works different...
Nothing different, this problem affects all versions.
Solved at Rev 1999.

Now I am trying to compile and load on Linux Mint 21 and SimulIDE 1.0.0 SR1 R1402, it seems to find the compiler, but it does not compile, here is the terminal message:

Executing:
"/bin/arduino-builder" -compile -hardware "/bin/hardware" -hardware "/home/oscar/Arduino/hardware" -tools "/bin/tools-builder" -tools "/bin/hardware/tools/avr" -built-in-libraries "/bin/libraries" -libraries "/home/oscar/arduino15/libraries/" -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -build-path "/home/oscar/.local/share/simulide_372ded131eb5b1263a732afef0e803ea/codeeditor/buildIno/build" -build-cache "/home/oscar/.local/share/simulide_372ded131eb5b1263a732afef0e803ea/codeeditor/buildIno/cache" "/home/oscar/Applications/examples/Oscar/Blink1.ino"

Build folder: /home/oscar/.local/share/simulide_372ded131eb5b1263a732afef0e803ea/codeeditor/buildIno
SketchBook:   /home/oscar/Arduino

stat /bin/hardware: no such file or directory

Can you give me some advice please?

arcachofo

arcachofo

stat /bin/hardware: no such file or directory
That issue is already solved.
You can try the last builds:

Or you can create that folder (no matter if it's empty).

OscarES

Thank you so much,
I have installed the version you mention, it continues without compiling, I share the message I receive:

Archivo: /home/oscar/Documentos/SimulIDE_projectos/Blink1.ino

Found Arduino Version 1

Executing:
"/usr/bin/arduino-builder" -compile -hardware "/usr/bin/hardware" -hardware "/home/oscar/Arduino/hardware" -tools "/usr/bin/tools-builder" -tools "/usr/bin/hardware/tools/avr" -built-in-libraries "/usr/bin/libraries" -libraries "/home/oscar/Arduino/libraries/" -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -build-path "/home/oscar/.local/share/simulide_f501a82a232720754b94e628b55e6bbe/codeeditor/buildIno/build" -build-cache "/home/oscar/.local/share/simulide_f501a82a232720754b94e628b55e6bbe/codeeditor/buildIno/cache" "/home/oscar/Documentos/SimulIDE_projectos/Blink1.ino"

Build folder: /home/oscar/.local/share/simulide_f501a82a232720754b94e628b55e6bbe/codeeditor/buildIno
SketchBook:   /home/oscar/Arduino

stat /usr/bin/hardware: no such file or directory

------
Note: I have tried to create an empty 'hardware' folder in the indicated path, but it does not allow me, even though I am an administrator user.

arcachofo

arcachofo

Note: I have tried to create an empty 'hardware' folder in the indicated path, but it does not allow me, even though I am an administrator user.
I see... why do you install Arduino in the system folders?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum