Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AVR - Saving SRAM Data

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AVR - Saving SRAM Data Empty AVR - Saving SRAM Data Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:17 pm

KerimF

KerimF

Sometimes I generate tables in SRAM.

For example, in the case of ‘EarTest_08T9_hiLo.asm’ which was attached in "AVRasm2 Debugging - AddEvent Repeated Event", sine and cosine tables are generated in the SRAM space for every given frequency (actually, the N bits of one cycle). Also, the result/table of the delta bit stream (to output a sinewave) is also saved in SRAM.

Saving the SRAM data is not implemented. So, as a workaround, I add a temporary routine in the code to copy the table in SRAM, that needs to be verified, into the MCU internal EEPROM (so that I can save it for study).

I hope it is not difficult to also allow the saving of SRAM data. But I guess we all agree that there is no need to load data into SRAM, for the time being in the least, as it is the case for EEPROM.

Thank you.

2AVR - Saving SRAM Data Empty Re: AVR - Saving SRAM Data Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:23 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Saving the SRAM data is not implemented.
Indeed it was implemented recently, but seems that is not working.
It works for EEPROM and Flash, but not for RAM. scratch
I will have a look.

3AVR - Saving SRAM Data Empty Re: AVR - Saving SRAM Data Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:04 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Solved at Rev 1924.

To load/save any Memory table, right-click on it and a context menu appears.

KerimF likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum