Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

About Saving and Reading VST File

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1About Saving and Reading VST File Empty About Saving and Reading VST File Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:59 pm

KerimF

KerimF

Windows 7, 32
SimulIDE_1.1.0-RC0_Win32, released 20-9-2023 [SimulIDE-R1909_Win32]

If I save the ‘Watch' table (with or without saving the schematic), only the timestamp of its *.vst is updated. Its content (read by Notepad) is unchanged.

So, I tried to update *.vst manually. But when I re-run simulIDE, the variables on the 'Watch' list stay as they were (it seems that simulIDE doesn’t read the updated *.vst).

Note:
I assume that when this bug will be fixed, the sequence of the entries (variables) will be also preserved when saved then read.

2About Saving and Reading VST File Empty Re: About Saving and Reading VST File Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:58 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Not sure if I understand, but this is how it works:

When you save the circuit, variables watched are also saved so when you open again they will be there.
When you save a vst you need to load it to get them in the "watcher" again.

3About Saving and Reading VST File Empty Re: About Saving and Reading VST File Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:38 pm

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:Not sure if I understand, but this is how it works:

When you save the circuit, variables watched are also saved so when you open again they will be there.
When you save a vst you need to load it to get them in the "watcher" again.

Naturally, after reading, with thanks, your positive reply, I re-tested the saving and loading of the vst file.

You are right. The list was saved and reloaded as you said.
I was confused because I was also expecting that the sequence of the updated variables (from top to bottom) will be preserved too.

Actually, the new added variables are simply appended to the old list (after removing the non-existent ones). In other words, the work of re-positioning the variables on the list will not be saved.

On my side, I can live with this. I will just need re-positioning the variables manually on the vst file (using Notepad) after saving them.

4About Saving and Reading VST File Empty Re: About Saving and Reading VST File Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:26 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Yes, the "varset" feature is a bit raw, It can still be improved.

5About Saving and Reading VST File Empty Re: About Saving and Reading VST File Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:33 pm

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:Yes, the "varset" feature is a bit raw, It can still be improved.

And its improvement is not urgent now.

arcachofo likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum