Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

R1862 Patch: Label orientation for Flipped Probe

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

royqh1979

When a probe is flipped, it's label's orientation is not horzontal. When simulating, if its value changs frequently, it's hard to see. Link can solve this but it needs extra work for user.

R1862 Patch: Label orientation for Flipped Probe Snap313

This patch fixes it:

R1862 Patch: Label orientation for Flipped Probe Snap414
Attachments
R1862 Patch: Label orientation for Flipped Probe Attachmentprobe.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(1 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

2R1862 Patch: Label orientation for Flipped Probe Empty PROBE ROTATIONS Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:32 am

Defran

Defran

Roy, an old aspiration, not satisfied due to agenda issues, in the component PROBE is that in the rotations the perpendicularity with respect to the cable is also considered to save space in the scheme.
How difficult do you think it is to add a pathch that does this?

Thanks in advance for all your contributions.

royqh1979

Defran wrote:Roy, an old aspiration, not satisfied due to agenda issues, in the component PROBE is that in the rotations the perpendicularity with respect to the cable is also considered to save space in the scheme.

I'm not sure. Maybe an easy way to do this is add an shout-cut to rotate component? Or maybe we could rotate the component when creating.

But I think you can submit a feature request and left arcachofo decide it.

Defran

Defran

ya, I see...

royqh1979

royqh1979 wrote:
Defran wrote:Roy, an old aspiration, not satisfied due to agenda issues, in the component PROBE is that in the rotations the perpendicularity with respect to the cable is also considered to save space in the scheme.

I'm not sure. Maybe an easy way to do this is add an shout-cut to rotate component? Or maybe we could rotate the component when creating.

But I think you can submit a feature request and left arcachofo decide it.

I've made a patch for R1862 to support create a CW/CCW rotated component:
- If created by ctrl+drag from the component panel, the component is CW rotated;
- If created by shift+ctrl+drag from the component panel, the component is CCW rotated.
Attachments
R1862 Patch: Label orientation for Flipped Probe Attachmentrotate.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(1 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

arcachofo

arcachofo

When a probe is flipped, it's label's orientation is not horzontal. When simulating, if its value changs frequently, it's hard to see. Link can solve this but it needs extra work for user.
Applied a modified version of your patch at Rev 1865 & 1866.
Also changed:
- Fixed: flipped components rotates the wrong way.
- Probe labels are always horizontal also when rotated.
- Set label rotation center to text center instead of (0,0).
- Simplified label.cpp

I've made a patch for R1862 to support create a CW/CCW rotated component:
- If created by ctrl+drag from the component panel, the component is CW rotated;
- If created by shift+ctrl+drag from the component panel, the component is CCW rotated.
What Defran wants is a vertical Probe instead of 45º.
But maybe there are better solutions for this and it's not good to implement all kind of new features unless they are really needed/useful or really simple.

And now with Scripted Components it's easy to create things like a vertical probe.

Defran

Defran

Good idea, Arcachofo, I Will try to do it as soon as there is a latest trunk version without major errors, Thanks. I will report my progress...

arcachofo

arcachofo

Good idea, Arcachofo, I Will try to do it as soon as there is a latest trunk version without major errors, Thanks. I will report my progress...
Well... there are some stuff not documented.
I try to add information here:
https://knowledge-base.simulide.com/1-circuit/components/modular-components/scripted/scripted.html

But is is very basic and incomplete.
For example you can implement the voltage label calling: component.showValue( string val ) from the script.

Defran

Defran

Fine, Thanks for the info...

royqh1979

arcachofo wrote:Applied a modified version of your patch at Rev 1865 & 1866.
Also changed:
- Fixed: flipped components rotates the wrong way.
- Probe labels are always horizontal also when rotated.
- Set label rotation center to text center instead of (0,0).
- Simplified label.cpp
nice!

arcachofo wrote:What Defran wants is a vertical Probe instead of 45º.
But maybe there are better solutions for this and it's not good to implement all kind of new features unless they are really needed/useful or really simple.

It's really very simple(4 lines added), while it's really not very intuitive.

But I think this feature will be convenience for editing:
 - make the new created component selected after creation, so that we can adjust it using shortcuts.

Add this might also be useful:
 - add short-cuts for HFlip/VFlip/Rotate CCW

KerimF likes this post

arcachofo

arcachofo

royqh1979 wrote:It's really very simple(4 lines added), while it's really not very intuitive.
Yes, but that's not what Defran wants.

royqh1979 wrote:But I think this feature will be convenience for editing:
- make the new created component selected after creation, so that we can adjust it using shortcuts.
Yes, that sounds useful and really easy to implement.

royqh1979 wrote:Add this might also be useful:
- add short-cuts for HFlip/VFlip/Rotate CCW
Yes, that could be useful.

Defran

Defran

R1862 Patch: Label orientation for Flipped Probe Sondas11

What I ask for this...

So that within the rotations there is also the 90º rotation. I have developed a subcircuit to perpendicular probe to the cable, it works fine but it does not work by contact, it has to be conected and the voltage value has an immovable fixed position to the right.

Thanks for your attention.

KerimF likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum