Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AVR8 Assembler, Conditional Compiling

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AVR8 Assembler, Conditional Compiling Empty AVR8 Assembler, Conditional Compiling Sun May 21, 2023 8:41 pm

KerimF

KerimF

SimulIDE-R1657_Win32

Compiling an AVR8 assembly code with conditional directives (as #if... #else... #endif, for example) is done correctly when their number is relatively small.
When this number exceeds a certain limit (I didn’t test yet to find the value of this limit) the compiler (for debugging) fails to map all active instruction lines. I am not sure if this applies to all forms of conditional directives or not.

Although I have no clear idea how the compiler works, it seems that the size of the buffer (or stack, perhaps) is somehow small to handle a rather big number of conditional directives. If this is the case, perhaps doubling its size will be enough.

Now, to debug a code, I try removing temporarily (and manually) the conditional directives from where the compiler fails to map properly the remaining active lines.

2AVR8 Assembler, Conditional Compiling Empty Re: AVR8 Assembler, Conditional Compiling Sun May 21, 2023 10:35 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Yes, conditional compiling is not supported yet, it can work in some cases just by chance.

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:Yes, conditional compiling is not supported yet, it can work in some cases just by chance.

Even the conditional compiling is not supported fully; your work is great and very useful in debugging my codes. Thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum