Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Subcircuits and packages. Some questions.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Subcircuits and packages. Some questions. Empty Subcircuits and packages. Some questions. Mon May 01, 2023 10:41 am

blitobyte

blitobyte

Hi,
I'd like to create a component: TB6612FNG. I've had a look at https://www.simulide.com/p/new-subcircuits.html but I have a few questions. Unfortunately, the instuctions are not very clear for me.

1. A subcircuit and a package are not the same, are they? But what's the difference? What are they supposed to be used for?
2. I've created a 'dummy' circuit, just for practice sake: a resistor and a LED. Ok.

This is what I get. Both images show the component in black and the subcircuit below. It's obvios that the package works. The first image shows the current when the switch is on. Exactly the same as the circuit. A question: Is the round black circle inside the package the LED?

If not, is there a way to make in visible?

Subcircuits and packages. Some questions. Captur19
Subcircuits and packages. Some questions. Captur20

blitobyte

blitobyte

Hi again.

Solved: the black circle indicates the position of the component: if upper-left corner means correct position.

One more question. Why the tunnels won't connect to the pins of the package when trying to correlate between circuit and package?

arcachofo

arcachofo

1. A subcircuit and a package are not the same, are they? But what's the difference? What are they supposed to be used for?
A Package is only the package, a Subcircuit is a Package with a Circuit inside, like an IC.

You use the Package Component to configure the size, Pins, and other characteristics of the package.

2. I've created a 'dummy' circuit, just for practice sake: a resistor and a LED. Ok.
To show graphical components like Leds, Displays, etc, you need to define the Package as a "Board" in Package properties:

Subcircuits and packages. Some questions. Kk17

Then you proceed like in this tutorial to place graphical components into the Package:
https://www.simulide.com/p/boards.html

One more question. Why the tunnels won't connect to the pins of the package when trying to correlate between circuit and package?
Because you don't have to do it.
You must use the Id of the Pin (not the name) for the Tunnels in the circuit.
For example if there is a Pin in the Package with Id = "Q0", then you use a Tunnel with Id = "Q0" to connect with that Pin.

blitobyte

blitobyte

arcachofo wrote:
A Package is only the package, a Subcircuit is a Package with a Circuit inside, like an IC.

You use the Package Component to configure the size, Pins, and other characteristics of the package.

To show graphical components like Leds, Displays, etc, you need to define the Package as a "Board" in Package properties:

Subcircuits and packages. Some questions. Kk17

Then you proceed like in this tutorial to place graphical components into the Package:
https://www.simulide.com/p/boards.html

Because you don't have to do it.
You must use the Id of the Pin (not the name) for the Tunnels in the circuit.
For example if there is a Pin in the Package with Id = "Q0", then you use a Tunnel with Id = "Q0" to connect with that Pin.

Thanks a lot, Defran. Now my dummy subcircuit works. I can add as many LED_subcircuits as I want.

I've made my first try at an H-Bridge and it works!!!

Subcircuits and packages. Some questions. Captur21

arcachofo likes this post

Defran

Defran

The person who has been answering you in this post has beed Arcachofo (The Simulide project leader). I only contribuite to encourage you study and use this simulator, which is the best designed and most useful. Adelante, jabato...!

blitobyte

blitobyte

Defran wrote:The person who has been answering you in this post has beed Arcachofo (The Simulide project leader). I only contribuite to encourage you study and use this simulator, which is the best designed and most useful. Adelante, jabato...!

Gracias Defran. Tengo que reconocer que estoy muy sorprendido de la calidad de SimulIDE (la verdad es que no sé por qué digo esto pues en esta tierra tenemos gente muy buena), Soy del ramo y sé el trabajo que hay detrás. Ahora mismo, por mi parte, SimulIDE ya ha superado everycircuit.org y Multisim online. He abandonado incluso los intentos de ponerme Proteus en Debian.

Muchas gracias a los dos....

And now in English, just in case Arcachofo tells me off ;-)

Thanks Defran. I must admit I am impressed by the quality of SimulIDE. I don't really know why I'm saying so because there are great professionals in this country, anyway, by experience I know how much work has been  put into SimulIDE. Right now, SimulIDE has replaced everycircuit.org and Multisim on-line in my dayly work. I've even abandoned the idea of making Proteus work in Debian.

Thanks a lot!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum