Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some questions (or thoughts) about ROM

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Some questions (or thoughts) about ROM Empty Some questions (or thoughts) about ROM Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:00 am

gmaltk

Hello once more.

When I try to use the Ram/Rom module as a ROM (persistent and
WriteEnable tied to Ground), I attempted to also tie ChipSelect to 5V
and OutputeEnable to Ground and just change the Address in order to read data.
However, new data do not get to the output when the address is changed, unless one of ChipSelect or OutputEnable is toggled.

I don't know if this re-evaluation of outputs should be solely based on CS or OE, this is why I ask this as a question.

And one more thing: the (extremely useful) "Show Memory Table" is always fixed to 1 Byte display, hiding the rest (properly stored) values if the Data Bus is larger than 8 bits (I use a 12 bit Data Bus).

Thank you once more,
Theodore K.

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi.

However, new data do not get to the output when the address is changed, unless one of ChipSelect or OutputEnable is toggled.

I don't know if this re-evaluation of outputs should be solely based on CS or OE, this is why I ask this as a question.
You are right, I will have a look.

And one more thing: the (extremely useful) "Show Memory Table" is always fixed to 1 Byte display, hiding the rest (properly stored) values if the Data Bus is larger than 8 bits (I use a 12 bit Data Bus).
Solved in Rev 518.

arcachofo

arcachofo

Should be solved at Rev 519.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum