Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unable to compile Arduino project with v1.0.0-SR0

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jkotze

Hi,

I'm testing out SimulIDE 1.0.0-SR0 with Arduino Uno/Nano running the Arduino IDE v2.1.0.

Regardless of the test program I'm running, I get an error like below:

-------------------------------------------------------
File: E:/Controler/test2.ino

Found Arduino Version 2
Arduino Compiler successfully loaded.

Executing:
"C:/Program Files/Arduino IDE/resources/app/node_modules/arduino-ide-extension/build/arduino-cli.exe" compile --no-color --fqbn=arduino:avr:uno --build-path "C:/Users/Jacques/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/build" --build-cache-path "C:/Users/Jacques/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/cache" "E:/Controler/test2.ino"

Build folder: C:/Users/Jacques/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno
SketchBook:  
Arduino Board "arduino:avr:uno"

Error opening sketch: main file missing from sketch: E:\Controler\Controler.ino

One of the issues I can see is this last error where it is looking for a file called "E:\Controler\Controler.ino". The project file is "E:/Controler/test2.ino" and there is no other reference to this "controler.ino" other form the fact that the test files are stored in the "E:/Controler" folder.

I see a similar issue when my files were on OneDrive where the name of the file that it fails on seems to be repeating/duplicating the text after the last "/" sign in the path.

File: C:/Users/Jacques/OneDrive/Projects/Drone Timer Project/Arduino Code 2.0.cpp

No Compiler Defined
Found Arduino Version 2
Arduino Compiler successfully loaded.

Executing:
"C:/Program Files/Arduino IDE/resources/app/node_modules/arduino-ide-extension/build/arduino-cli.exe" compile --no-color --fqbn=arduino:avr:uno --build-path "C:/Users/Jacques/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/build" --build-cache-path "C:/Users/Jacques/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/cache" "C:/Users/Jacques/OneDrive/Projects/Drone Timer Project/Arduino Code 2.0.cpp"

SketchBook:  

Error opening sketch: main file missing from sketch: C:\Users\Jacques\OneDrive\Projects\Drone Timer Project\Arduino Code 2.0.cpp\Arduino Code 2.0.cpp.ino

Is this an SimulIDE issue or Arduino IDE issue?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jacques

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi.
You need to place the sketch in a folder with the same name.

jkotze

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however if I do that I get the next error.

Executing:
"C:/Program Files/Arduino IDE/resources/app/node_modules/arduino-ide-extension/build/arduino-cli.exe" compile --no-color --fqbn=arduino:avr:uno --build-path "C:/Users/Jacques/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/build" --build-cache-path "C:/Users/Jacques/AppData/Local/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/cache" "E:/Arduino_Projects/test4/test4.ino"

SketchBook:

Error during build: Cannot find build path: Rel: can't make C:\Users\Jacques\AppData\Local\simulide\codeeditor\buildIno\build relative to E:\Arduino_Projects\test4

After not getting anywhere, I decided to remove Arduino IDE IDE v2.1.0 and go back to Arduino IDE v1.8.19 and now it is all working.

The clue was that if I ran this command from the DOS prompt, I get the same error, indicating that the issue was external to SimulIDE. I now hope that I can run both the legacy version of Arduino IDE alongside the latest version so I can use the legacy version for SimulIDE and the newer vesion for everything else.

I don't know if this is a command-line issue where there are differences between the command-line structure of 1.x vs 2.x, or if this is a Arduino compiler issue, but for now I have a workaround and can start testing/playing.

Thanks
Jacques

arcachofo

arcachofo

Seems that there is a problem if the sketch is in another disk, but I don't know why.
Can you compile E:/Arduino_Projects/test4/test4.ino from the Arduino 2 IDE?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum