Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Setting Arduino compiler settings and arguments in arduino.xml

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rimsey

SimulIde V1.0.0-SR0 R1320
OS Windows 10 64bit

Hi, new user here and so far not had problems using this excellent software. I do however have an issue with the arduino.xml
compiler settings. SimuIde appears to use it's own in-built complier arguments for the Arduino compiler and I have found only works with arduino-builder.exe from v1.8 of the Arduino IDE. The reason the compiler fails for older versions like V1.6 is the use of an unsupported compiler argument -build-cache

I have attempted to add my own compiler arguments within the arduino.xml
compiler settings file but they do not appear to used or picked up by SimulIde. Below is the contents of my arduino.xml  file which I created from the template.txt file:

Code:

<!DOCTYPE SimulIDE>

<compiler name="Arduino" type="arduino">
   toolPath="D:/Applications/Arduino/"
   command="arduino-builder.exe"
   arguments=" -compile -hardware ./Hardware -tools ./tools-builder -built-in-libraries ./libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -build-path $fileDir $filePath"
</compiler>

Thanks for reading and keep up the excellent work.

arcachofo

arcachofo

SimuIde appears to use it's own in-built complier arguments for the Arduino compiler and I have found only works with arduino-builder.exe from v1.8 of the Arduino IDE.
Yes, Arduino compiler is harcoded, the xml file does nothing in this case.

If you want to do a custom Arduino compiler, then you can create a new one (with a different name).
But don't use type="arduino", if you only want to compile just use type="arduino16" or whatever comes to your mind.

rimsey

arcachofo wrote:
Yes, Arduino compiler is harcoded, the xml file does nothing in this case.

If you want to do a custom Arduino compiler, then you can create a new one (with a different name).
But don't use type="arduino", if you only want to compile just use type="arduino16" or whatever comes to your mind.

Ok,  I will try with custome xml file. Still, strange why the arduino command compiler parameters are hard-coded and not stored in the xml  ?

Thanks for the tip.

arcachofo

arcachofo

arduino command compiler parameters are hard-coded and not stored in the xml ?
Because Arduino is not a compiler.
It performs several operations, one of them is calling the avr-gcc compiler.

rimsey

arcachofo wrote:Because Arduino is not a compiler.
It performs several operations, one of them is calling the avr-gcc compiler.

I was talking about the command arguments to arduino-builder.exe which is the arduino cli interface and not the arduino ide application.

I've worked out now so thanks for the input Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum