Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Serial/UART peripheral question

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Serial/UART peripheral question Empty Serial/UART peripheral question Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:21 pm

ci@telemack.net

Hello,
I was wondering if it was possible with SimulIDE to use a serial peripheral in a pure standalone terminal manner - without tying it to an actual com port (using Windows 10 ;-)

I was devising a software UART for Microchip PIC that lacks a hardware uart implementation, and the only solution I found was a com0com solution so that :
minicom/WSL on COM7 <-> Simulide on COM6 <-> PIC rx/tx GPIO.

I would be simpler IMHO to use directly the terminal of the serial  (note that sending from PIC to serial perpipheral works fine, but not the reverse as far as I could see).

Serial/UART peripheral question Serial10

2Serial/UART peripheral question Empty Re: Serial/UART peripheral question Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:47 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

I was wondering if it was possible with SimulIDE to use a serial peripheral in a pure standalone terminal manner - without tying it to an actual com port (using Windows 10 ;-)
By now it is not possible.
In the development version there is already some support to create a Serial Terminal component, but still very raw.

Btw, 12f683 is not yet included in Simulide 1.x.x, which one are you using?

3Serial/UART peripheral question Empty Re: Serial/UART peripheral question Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:01 pm

ci@telemack.net

Hello,
Many thanks for the info ; I was wondering if I missed something about the serial...
Regarding the pic12f683, I created one since I am using it for all my little experiments.
- I am still testing the features though :

- timer0 + interrupt ok
- timer1 + interrupt ok
- timer2 + interrupt ok
- ADC    + interrupt ok
- external interrupt on GP2 ok
- comparator + interrupt ok
- pwm ok
Attachments
Serial/UART peripheral question Attachmentp12F683.zip
p12F683 component
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(4 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

Last edited by ci@telemack.net on Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:52 pm; edited 3 times in total

4Serial/UART peripheral question Empty Re: Serial/UART peripheral question Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:25 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

ATTACHMENTS
p12F683.zip
p12F683 component
(4 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Thanks!

There is a typo in p12F683_perif.xml line 48 (datareg should be "EEDAT" instead of "EEDATA":
Code:
 <rom name="ROM" configregsA="EECON1" configregsB="EECON2"
                  dataregs="EEDAT"

5Serial/UART peripheral question Empty Re: Serial/UART peripheral question Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:27 pm

ci@telemack.net

"(datareg should be "EEDAT" instead of "EEDATA"

Good catch indeed :-)

ilhan likes this post

6Serial/UART peripheral question Empty Re: Serial/UART peripheral question Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:33 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Serial/UART peripheral question 1f605  Serial/UART peripheral question 1f602

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum