Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Very Simple Analog Behavioral Blocks

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Very Simple Analog Behavioral Blocks Empty Very Simple Analog Behavioral Blocks Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:32 pm

KerimF

KerimF

Perhaps when most bugs will be cleared, some very simple analog behavioral blocks (not necessary representing real devices) could be added.

The 3-pin one, I have in mind now for example, could function as it follows:
The analog/instant voltage at its output equals the difference of the analog/instant voltages which are applied at its two inputs (in+ and in-). In this case, every channel on the oscilloscope could have its own reference (the voltage wired to in-) if it is connected to the output of such a block.

2Very Simple Analog Behavioral Blocks Empty Re: Very Simple Analog Behavioral Blocks Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:51 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

The analog/instant voltage at its output equals the difference of the analog/instant voltages which are applied at its two inputs (in+ and in-).
You can achieve this is 2 ways:

1- Use a "Function" Component: https://www.simulide.com/p/function-component.html
With this Component you can set any Logic or Analog function.
In this case you could use the function: vo = vi1-vi0

The downside is that this component is slow.
In development version there is a new Script Engine much much faster.

2- Use an Operational Amplifier with Gain = 1 and supply voltages that don't cut the output.
This is much faster that any Script and for this case is the best option in my opinion.

3Very Simple Analog Behavioral Blocks Empty Re: Very Simple Analog Behavioral Blocks Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:23 pm

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:
The analog/instant voltage at its output equals the difference of the analog/instant voltages which are applied at its two inputs (in+ and in-).
You can achieve this is 2 ways:

1- Use a "Function" Component: https://www.simulide.com/p/function-component.html
With this Component you can set any Logic or Analog function.
In this case you could use the function: vo = vi1-vi0

The downside is that this component is slow.
In development version there is a new Script Engine much much faster.

2- Use an Operational Amplifier with Gain = 1 and supply voltages that don't cut the output.
This is much faster that any Script and for this case is the best option in my opinion.

I somehow expected you will suggest the opamp component, but I wasn't sure it is fast. Thank you.

Before starting this topic, I didn't notice the "Function" Component. It seems it is exactly what I called 'A Versatile Analog Behavioral Block'. Good work.

4Very Simple Analog Behavioral Blocks Empty Re: Very Simple Analog Behavioral Blocks Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:02 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

I somehow expected you will suggest the opamp component, but I wasn't sure it is fast. Thank you.
It is much faster than the Function component, but all depends on the circuit.
Opamps are usually used with some "feedback" (output is connected to inputs). In this case it can take some time to converge to a solution.
But in your use case there is no feedback so it must be quite fast.

Before starting this topic, I didn't notice the "Function" Component. It seems it is exactly what I called 'A Versatile Analog Behavioral Block'.
Yes it is good for some simple  things but it has many limitations:
- No memory (almost).
- No algorithms, just a function.
- No future events.
- No Pin configuration.
- etc.

The really powerful Component is the new "Scripted" component: https://simulide.forumotion.com/t990-custom-components
With this one you can create almost anything, from a CPU to any analog device, but this is in the first stages of development.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum