You can build any kind of project using makefiles.
Just open a makefile and hit "compile button".
You still need to load the hex from the mcu, but if you turn on the "autoload" property, then you don't need to reload manually.
It is planned to add the possibility to configure the command to run when you compile, but by now it has low priority.
Indeed, the whole thing needs a redesing, including the ability to create projects, choose any compiler you want and configure commands to execute.
But this will take some time, at the moment I have to finish some big changes introduced recently:
- New simulation core (convert all components).
- New Subcircuits with the hability to create boards (convert old subcircuits and convert Arduinos to Subcircuits).
- New multi-mcu feature (need testing and uart module)
- New Oscope (and new data-logger coming).
- New MCU simulator (low priority).
Anyway any ideas are very wellcome.