Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Empty Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:00 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

The new Serial Port component (basic implementation) is working at Rev 966.

It is similar to the old one, but it is connected by Pins, so it can be used with Harsware or Software implementations.
And not linked to an Mcu like the old one.

It has it's own Serial Monitor accesible from Context Menu.

Here is an small video showing how it works:

Last edited by arcachofo on Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update Video)

emanuel, Fabian I. and Malsasa like this post

2Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Empty Re: Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:17 pm

emanuel

Hi arcachofo. How do I create a virtual serial port in linux? I want to connect a web app in nodejs and I want to test with SimulIDE

3Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Empty Re: Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:29 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi.
You can try with socat, fpr example:
sudo socat PTY,link=/dev/ttyS1,mode=0666 PTY,link=/dev/ttyS2,mode=0666

4Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Empty Re: Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:35 pm

LWT98709

You have to explicitly press "open" button to make it work. Can it be an option that open it automatically when you start the simulation ?

5Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Empty Re: Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:59 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

LWT98709 wrote:You have to explicitly press "open" button to make it work. Can it be an option that open it automatically when you start the simulation ?
You have to press the button only once, then it will remain open until you press "Close".

Anyway I will try to add an option to open it at simulation start if it's closed.

6Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Empty Re: Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:25 pm

LWT98709

arcachofo wrote:
LWT98709 wrote:You have to explicitly press "open" button to make it work. Can it be an option that open it automatically when you start the simulation ?
You have to press the button only once, then it will remain open until you press "Close".

Anyway I will try to add an option to open it at simulation start if it's closed.

I use SimulIDE for high school courses. And this option will solve a lot of problems from inattentive students.
Thanks for your effort !

arcachofo likes this post

7Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Empty Re: Serial Port SimulIDE 1.0.0 Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:34 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

You have to explicitly press "open" button to make it work. Can it be an option that open it automatically when you start the simulation ?
Added "Auto Open" option at Rev 2067.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum