Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Configuring compilers in Simulide 1.0.0

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Configuring compilers in Simulide 1.0.0 Empty Configuring compilers in Simulide 1.0.0 Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:16 pm

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

We need detailed instructions on configuring compilers in new versions of the program SimulIDE 1.0.0, SimulIDE 0.4.15-R266. Interested in configuring the Arduino IDE and AVRA assembler compilers

arcachofo

arcachofo

Now most compilers are defined in files: data/codeeditor/compilers

Edit the corresponding file if you need to change the command.
If you need to change the comand have alook at "template.txt".
But in most cases it works like it is now.

If the compiler executable is not in path, you need to set the proper compiler path:
- Click on the gear on top of the editor window.
- Select "Compiler Settings"
- Add the path to compiler folder in "Tool Path" field (path to the folder containing compiler executable).
Example: /home/user/GreatCowBasic/

In case of avra you will need to set the include path as well (folder containing device definitions).

I will add a more detailed explanation as soon as possible.
If you can't get it to work let me know.

Fizik_S likes this post

arcachofo

arcachofo

Forgot that there are some basic explanations here:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t316-new-custom-compilers

I will update it anyway.

Fizik_S likes this post

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

I figured out the version of SimulIDE 0.4.15_R266. To use the AVR assembler compiler, you need to copy the file from earlier versions of the program "AVRA.EXE " to the SimulIDE_0.4.15-R266_Win64\bin\ directory and specify the path to the compiler in the code editor.

arcachofo

arcachofo

Fizik_S wrote:I figured out the version of SimulIDE 0.4.15_R266. To use the AVR assembler compiler, you need to copy the file from earlier versions of the program "AVRA.EXE " to the SimulIDE_0.4.15-R266_Win64\bin\ directory and specify the path to the compiler in the code editor.
Yes, 1.0.0 doesn't ship any compiler executables or files.
You need to install any compiler you want to use.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum