Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Attiny85 load program

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Attiny85 load program Empty Attiny85 load program Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:37 pm

Defran

Defran

I not able to load the program in the attiny85, why? compilation ok, etc ok. but does not work whth the simple program of led flashing in D0. SID 0415,7. ARDUINO. in the live instalation works ok.

Last edited by Defran on Fri May 26, 2023 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Attiny85 load program Empty Re: Attiny85 load program Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:51 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

I not able to load the program in the attiny85, why?
Probably because you are compiling it for Arduino Uno.

To select the board:
- Right-click in the document.
- Select "Properties"
- In Property "Board" select the board you are using.
- If the board is not listed:
select "Custom"
In Property "Custom Board" enter the signature of your board, eg: ATTinyCore:avr:attinyx5.

But this will only work if the borad is installed in the "harware" folder in your Arduino installation.
If you get an "unknown package" message, then probably the best option is compiling in Arduino IDE and loading the hex file from the microcontroller.

3Attiny85 load program Empty ATTINY85 COMPILATION Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:47 pm

Defran

Defran

i got it with the hex file from Arduino-IDE located in temp after compilation. Thank You.

4Attiny85 load program Empty Re: Attiny85 load program Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:12 pm

blitobyte

blitobyte

Hi,
I have Attiny hardware installed on Arduino 1.8.13 and can upload sketches on my Attininy85. Following your recommendation the sketches won't compile on SimulIDE though. This is what I get:

Build folder: /home/pablo/.local/share/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno
SketchBook:   Librería inválida encontrada en /home/pablo/Arduino/libraries/BearSSL: No encontrado archivos de encabezado (.h) en /home/pablo/Arduino/libraries/BearSSL/home/pablo/Arduino
Custom  Board "ATTinyCore:avr:attiny85"

Error resolving FQBN: unknown package ATTinyCore

I can upload the HEX file if I compile it with Arduino, although the speed on SimulIDE is much higher. Obviously that is a work around but not ideal. Any solution?

Thanks.

5Attiny85 load program Empty Re: Attiny85 load program Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:53 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi.
For custom boards to work in simulide, it must be manually installed in the "harware" folder in your Arduino.
Boards installed from the Arduino IDE will not work.

6Attiny85 load program Empty Re: Attiny85 load program Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:02 am

blitobyte

blitobyte

Thanks arcachofo, but what exactly do I have to install and where? I mean, on the hardware/ folder. Yes, but where exactly? arduino-1.8.13/hardware/arduino/avr? or .....?
I must have something already installed because I can program Attiny85 with Arduino and a sort of shield I made myself. I can also program it with vscode,

One more question. Do you know if Esp8266 can be used with SimulIDE?

7Attiny85 load program Empty Re: Attiny85 load program Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:02 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Thanks arcachofo, but what exactly do I have to install and where? I mean, on the hardware/ folder. Yes, but where exactly? arduino-1.8.13/hardware/arduino/avr? or .....?
Usually the steps are these:
- Uninstall the package from the IDE
- Download the folder from the Github project or whatever and copy to arduino-1.8.13/hardware.
The signature, eg: ATTinyCore:avr:attinyx5, depends on the name of the folders.

For example, download this project: https://github.com/SpenceKonde/ATTinyCore
Rename the loong name of the folder to ATTinyCore.
Put it in  arduino-1.8.13/hardware.
And use the signature: ATTinyCore:avr:attinyx5 (not ATTinyCore:avr:attiny85).

One more question. Do you know if Esp8266 can be used with SimulIDE?
No, it's not supported.

8Attiny85 load program Empty Re: Attiny85 load program Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:22 am

blitobyte

blitobyte

Hi.

I've followed your instructions and after compiling this is what I get:

Executing:
"/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/arduino-builder" -compile -hardware "/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware" -tools "/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/tools-builder" -tools "/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware/tools/avr" -built-in-libraries "/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/libraries" -libraries "/libraries" -fqbn=ATTinyCore:avr:attinyx5  -build-path "/home/pablo/.local/share/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/build" -build-cache "/home/pablo/.local/share/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/cache" "/home/pablo/Arduino/simulID/ssr_attiny85_v1/ssr_attiny85_v1.ino"

SketchBook:  
Custom  Board "ATTinyCore:avr:attinyx5 "

loading hardware from /home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware: loading package arduino: invalid version dir /home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware/arduino/ATTinyCore/avr: no major version found

Any ideas?

9Attiny85 load program Empty Re: Attiny85 load program Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:27 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

I think the problen is that folder ATTinyCore should be in arduino-1.8.13/hardware/ , not in arduino-1.8.13/hardware/arduino/

/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware/ATTinyCore/avr

10Attiny85 load program Empty Re: Attiny85 load program Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:24 am

blitobyte

blitobyte

arcachofo wrote:I think the problen is that folder ATTinyCore should be in arduino-1.8.13/hardware/ , not in arduino-1.8.13/hardware/arduino/

/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware/ATTinyCore/avr

Ok, once changed I get this:

Executing:
"/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/arduino-builder" -compile -hardware "/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware" -tools "/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/tools-builder" -tools "/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware/tools/avr" -built-in-libraries "/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/libraries" -libraries "Librería inválida encontrada en /home/pablo/Arduino/libraries/BearSSL: No encontrado archivos de encabezado (.h) en /home/pablo/Arduino/libraries/BearSSL/home/pablo/Arduino/libraries" -fqbn=ATTinyCore:avr:attinyx5 -build-path "/home/pablo/.local/share/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/build" -build-cache "/home/pablo/.local/share/simulide/codeeditor/buildIno/cache" "/home/pablo/Arduino/simulID/ssr_attiny85_v1/ssr_attiny85_v1.ino"

SketchBook:   Librería inválida encontrada en /home/pablo/Arduino/libraries/BearSSL: No encontrado archivos de encabezado (.h) en /home/pablo/Arduino/libraries/BearSSL/home/pablo/Arduino
Custom  Board "ATTinyCore:avr:attinyx5"

In function 'analogRead.constprop',
   inlined from 'setup' at /home/pablo/Arduino/simulID/ssr_attiny85_v1/ssr_attiny85_v1.ino:36:24,
   inlined from 'main' at /home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware/ATTinyCore/avr/cores/tiny/main.cpp:20:8:
/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware/ATTinyCore/avr/cores/tiny/wiring_analog.c:194:7: error: call to 'badArg' declared with attribute error:
      badArg("Analog input not supported on the specified pin");
      ^
/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware/ATTinyCore/avr/cores/tiny/wiring_analog.c:201:9: error: call to 'badArg' declared with attribute error:
        badArg("ADC channel does not exist on this part");
        ^
/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware/ATTinyCore/avr/cores/tiny/wiring_analog.c:203:9: error: call to 'badArg' declared with attribute error:
        badArg("Compile-time known ADC channel not valid: IPR bit only valid for differential channels");
        ^
lto-wrapper: fatal error: /home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-gcc returned 1 exit status
compilation terminated.
/home/pablo/opt/arduino-1.8.13/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/7.3.0/../../../../avr/bin/ld: error: lto-wrapper failed
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1

I'm sending you the project setup window.

11Attiny85 load program Empty Re: Attiny85 load program Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:04 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Seems that there is some error about  BearSSL library:

This path does not make any sense:
/home/pablo/Arduino/libraries/BearSSL/home/pablo/Arduino

12Attiny85 load program Empty Re: Attiny85 load program Wed May 17, 2023 10:43 am

blitobyte

blitobyte

Finally I forgot about Arduino compiler and use VSCode. I get the hex file and paste it on SimulIDE... and everything perfect!!

13Attiny85 load program Empty COMPILE Attiny4 and Attiny85 in Simulide Wed May 17, 2023 12:05 pm

Defran

Defran

Attiny85 load program 2023-028

COMPILE Attiny4 and Attiny85.

Now it is possible to compile for Tiny84 and Tiny85 in Simulide according to Arcachofo's instructions that I summarize here:

1) Download: https://github.com/SpenceKonde/ATTinyCore
2) Copy to Arduino_1.8.19/hardware.
3) Unzip it here.
4) Rename the unzipped folder to ATTinyCore.

USE:

In Simulide Right Menu:
Compiler Settings.
Compiler: Arduino.
Bord: Custom.
Custom Board: ATTinyCore:avr:attinyx4

("ATTinyCore:avr:attinyx4" for Tiny84 and "ATTinyCore:avr:attinyx5" for Tiny85)

It Works OK for this two controllers without to compile from the Arduino-IDE (or others artifacts) and go looking for the "exe" file there.

Thanks, Arcachofo

14Attiny85 load program Empty Re: Attiny85 load program Fri May 19, 2023 8:19 am

blitobyte

blitobyte

Defran wrote:Attiny85 load program 2023-028

COMPILE Attiny4 and Attiny85.

Now it is possible to compile for Tiny84 and Tiny85 in Simulide according to Arcachofo's instructions that I summarize here:

1) Download: https://github.com/SpenceKonde/ATTinyCore
2) Copy to Arduino_1.8.19/hardware.
3) Unzip it here.
4) Rename the unzipped folder to ATTinyCore.

USE:

In Simulide Right Menu:
Compiler Settings.
Compiler: Arduino.
Bord: Custom.
Custom Board: ATTinyCore:avr:attinyx4

("ATTinyCore:avr:attinyx4" for Tiny84 and "ATTinyCore:avr:attinyx5" for Tiny85)

It Works OK for this two controllers without to compile from the Arduino-IDE (or others artifacts) and go looking for the "exe" file there.

Thanks, Arcachofo

Hi Defran. What version are you using? Not R1657, Are you? Where can I download it?

15Attiny85 load program Empty Re: Attiny85 load program Fri May 19, 2023 8:39 am

Defran

Defran

I use only and always the last version of Simulide-Trunk. Ask Arcachofo about the download for you.

16Attiny85 load program Empty Re: Attiny85 load program Fri May 19, 2023 6:48 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Executables for testing are in the "Tester" section of the forum.
Last builds for "trunk" are here:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t550-simulide-trunk-tester-builds

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum