Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Various Features

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Various Features Empty Various Features Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:05 am

Tonigau

1. In the MCU monitor, Variables - it would be handy to view a memory location as a variable, I can set name but cannot enter memory address. (this is especially if only have a hex file to load)

1.5 In MCU monitor it saves a variable list but it does not have address associated, not sure if this can be implemented.( this is related to 1. above)

2. 'esc' key , 'dbl clik' on top ribbon to close settings popup when it has focus would be a nice feature.

3. A setting file (project?) could be handy to restore everything (Circuit, Editor file load, MCU Monitor)

4. Ability to set folder location would be significantly helpful.(settings ini, data, (maybe right click on the Bold heading in file explorer or a small 'set' button for the current location displayed could work.)

5. Right clik pan: In the circuit window(especially on laptop) with the Oscope open it can be hard to get to the scroll bars. Right click pan is very ergonomic to use & can be easy to implement.

Currently Rclik down-move selects area the same as Lclik down-move except it opens the dialog with the MouseUp event.
Pan would be Rclik down-move & no action on MouseUp event.
(Although some users might like the current Rclik-move sel popup action) Maybe a option in settings could be used.

6. I was about to suggest 'label' in my list when I found a post about Tunnel & this set me straight.  I have never heard of Tunnel before as a net label but I see how the name fits. But I think some users won't know of the term Tunnel for a net label so maybe could call it "Tunnel (Label)"  it is a great feature by the way, makes a tidy circuit.

7. Ability to set the ValueOhm of VarResistor to a Variable in MCU Monitor. This would need to be scaled as the Variable could be max. value 8, 10, 12 bit etc.
I have made a PV_panel_simulation.simu where I can adjust the Resistor by mouse, with MCU variable control it could test MPP Tracking code.

Last edited by Tonigau on Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add another wish item 7.)

2Various Features Empty Re: Various Features Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:27 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

1. In the MCU monitor, Variables - it would be handy to view a memory location as a variable, I can set name but cannot enter memory address. (this is especially if only have a hex file to load)
This should work.
Can you add some more information about your circuit, firmware, etc. ?

1.5 In MCU monitor it saves a variable list but it does not have address associated, not sure if this can be implemented.( this is related to 1. above)
Not sure if this is convenient... addresses can change from one compilation to the next.
If you use an address instead of a name, it should be saved as it is.

3. A setting file (project?) could be handy to restore everything (Circuit, Editor file load, MCU Monitor)
4. Ability to set folder location would be significantly helpful.(settings ini, data, (maybe right click on the Bold heading in file explorer or a small 'set' button for the current location displayed could work.)
Something like this is in the plans....

5. Right clik pan: In the circuit window(especially on laptop) with the Oscope open it can be hard to get to the scroll bars. Right click pan is very ergonomic to use & can be easy to implement.

Currently Rclik down-move selects area the same as Lclik down-move except it opens the dialog with the MouseUp event.
Pan would be Rclik down-move & no action on MouseUp event.
(Although some users might like the current Rclik-move sel popup action) Maybe a option in settings could be used.
You can use middle_Button to move the circuit view.
Right-click is currently used for context menu.

7. Ability to set the ValueOhm of VarResistor to a Variable in MCU Monitor. This would need to be scaled as the Variable could be max. value 8, 10, 12 bit etc.
I have made a PV_panel_simulation.simu where I can adjust the Resistor by mouse, with MCU variable control it could test MPP Tracking code.
Don't understand this one.
But I don't see the logic of resistors properties in Mcu Monitor.
Can you elaborate on this?

3Various Features Empty Re: Various Features Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:42 pm

Tonigau

Thank you for some clarifications.

Point 7.  It is not suggesting to be in MCU monitor, MCU mon. is just the data source.
Consider it like DDE between applications, but here it is between a variable from MCU Mon. & the component adjustment value. I guess the assignment could be set in the component properties or a separate DD link dialog.
It would be very useful for some users to be able to adjust the circuit from their program and read analog voltage from circuit behavior.
Same could apply to Voltage & Current source.
Just thought it would be a good feature.

(Unfortunate I can only code in VB, FreeBasic etc...  C++ hard to remember)

Last edited by Tonigau on Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum