Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SimulIDE_1.0.0-SR0 Stable available for download

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

blitobyte

blitobyte

SimulIDE_1.0.0-SR0 won't work on Debian 10. Missing glibc_2.29 and 2.30. Lots of warnings. Upgrading to 2.30 might fix it, but I'm a bit reticent and cautious with Debian. Better safe than sorry! I've already had problems in the past with upgrades.
Some foros suggest not doing it but upgrading Debian.

arcachofo

arcachofo

Yes, precompiled Simulide available right now will not work in Linux older than 2020.
The problem with Debian stable is that it likes to use packages that are already old at the moment it is released.
So if you don't use the last stable you are stuck with very old packages.

blitobyte

blitobyte

arcachofo wrote:Yes, precompiled Simulide available right now will not work in Linux older than 2020.
The problem with Debian stable is that it likes to use packages that are already old at the moment it is released.
So if you don't use the last stable you are stuck with very old packages.

I know!! Debian and I are old chums... almost married, and I can't get divorced at this point. ;-(

StefanoLenzi likes this post

StefanoLenzi

blitobyte wrote:
I know!! Debian and I are old chums... almost married, and I can't get divorced at this point. ;-(

You easily compile it from the source code, I suppose the limitation is only related to ABI compatibility.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum