Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Subcircuit not created

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Subcircuit not created Empty Subcircuit not created Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:15 am

nulik

I have created a circuit

Subcircuit not created Dlatch10

and set the tunels.
I also created the package with pins.
However the circuit is not saved as .subcircuit , if I check the content of the file it has <circuit> tag inside, but it must have <subcircuit> tag as I can see it in the share/data directory.

How do I create a Subcircuit file ? I cant see any option like "New subcircuit" when I right-click the mouse.

2Subcircuit not created Empty Re: Subcircuit not created Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:00 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi nulik.

From 0.4.15 creating subcircuits is even easier.
You don't need to create a .subcircuit file, the .simu file is the subcircuit file.
So you have to save that circuit and move it to the corresponding folder as you did with the .subcircuit file before.

This has the advantage that you can easily edit the subcircuit: just open it in simulide, edit and save.

The tutorial has been recently updated (but still need some work):
https://www.simulide.com/p/new-subcircuits.html

You can create the subcircuit and packages in the same circuit, so you can see and/or edit the subcircuit and the package easily:
Subcircuit not created New_subc

Having a look at existing subcircuits can also help.

A recomendation:
Check that your circuit works as you expect before creating a subcircuit.

As extra information:
You can now also create boards and shields for Arduino or other boards.
This is still experimental and there ase some problems to solve.
There is a very brief tutorial and video here:
https://www.simulide.com/p/boards.html

3Subcircuit not created Empty Re: Subcircuit not created Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:33 am

nulik

arcachofo wrote:Hi nulik.

From 0.4.15 creating subcircuits is even easier.

that's probably it, I am using 0.4.14

however, when I tried to download the binary of 0.4.15 the download fails after downloading 0.8MB of data. I tried many times. I can see the files are hosted at mailfence dot com, they probably have bandwith limit configured to prevent hosting from free accounts. Would it be possible to distribute the files from Github? There is a section there called Releases, where you can upload binary files. Github is very fast.

4Subcircuit not created Empty Re: Subcircuit not created Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:48 am

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

that's probably it, I am using 0.4.14

however, when I tried to download the binary of 0.4.15 the download fails after downloading 0.8MB of data. I tried many times. I can see the files are hosted at mailfence dot com, they probably have bandwith limit configured to prevent hosting from free accounts.

Use alternative links to the program (see screenshots)

Subcircuit not created Link_110
Subcircuit not created Link_210

5Subcircuit not created Empty Re: Subcircuit not created Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:29 pm

nulik

Fizik_S wrote:
Use alternative links to the program (see screenshots)

thanks a lot, I have made it. Just copied naming scheme from Arduino subcircuits, it works now.

6Subcircuit not created Empty Re: Subcircuit not created Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:12 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Just to clarify:
I can see the files are hosted at mailfence dot com, they probably have bandwith limit configured to prevent hosting from free accounts.
EDIT:

mailfence has no bandwidth limit for free accounts.

I don't know the exact information about bandwidth limits.
What I mean is that this problem is not about bandwidth.

Limits are somewhere else, and I think you already guessed where...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum