Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Package for NixOS

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Package for NixOS Empty Package for NixOS Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:03 pm

ppenguin

I wanted to test SimulIDE since it looked like a very good fit, but couldn't easily get it to run on NixOS, so I figured I'd try to package it.

Since nix(os) has good infrastructure for building Qt apps (without much boilerplate) and the build instructions looked trivial, I thought this should be easy.

For the purpose I cloned revision 1.0.1-1425 and tried to build it but met build errors that seem to be caused by some issues in the
Code:
SimulIDE.pro
file. After solving them further build errors occurred due to incompatible functions in
Code:
microsim/
and
Code:
simulator/

So maybe as a first step somebody could point me to a revision that is known to cleanly build as is, so I can first fix the packaging?

IMHO the project could additionally benefit from using a git repo, probably making contributing more accessible and attracting more interest.

EDIT:
It's now working. After going for trunk from scratch, I only needed a few minor fixes.

Can be checked from here: https://github.com/ppenguin/SimulIDE/tree/from-scratch-upstream-trunk-1723

With nix it can be directly built and run by doing
Code:
nix run "github:/ppenguin/SimulIDE/?ref=from-scratch-upstream-trunk-1723&dir=.nix#simulide"

Cheers,

2Package for NixOS Empty Re: Package for NixOS Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:01 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi.
I missed this post, sorry for the inconvenience and glad that you got it working.

Note that Simulide can work in 2 configurartions:

1- Standalone:

some_folder/
   simulide executabe
   data/
   examples/

2- Integrated in Linux standard paths:

bin/
   simulide executabe
share/
   simulide/
       data/