Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

About the ‘Simulation Time’ window

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1About the ‘Simulation Time’ window Empty About the ‘Simulation Time’ window Fri May 05, 2023 1:34 pm

KerimF

KerimF

SimulIDE-R1657_Win32

Speaking practically, I wonder if the 'Simulation Time' window (during debugging) could be moved to the right of the 'info circuit' window. During simulation (while debugging) the left side of the screen could be hidden under other windows, mainly by the MCU monitor that has many registers to watch.

In case this could be done, may I also suggest decreasing the width of the 'Simulation Time' window? Most of its surface is blanked. For example, the ns and ps timings could be displayed on a line below the sec, ms and us timings. By doing this, the window's data efficiency (data/surface) will be increased appreciably.

Anyway, I also understand in case my suggestion is not seen having a practical advantage during debugging or it is a bit hard to implement.

Kerim

arcachofo

arcachofo

Speaking practically, I wonder if the 'Simulation Time' window (during debugging) could be moved to the right of the 'info circuit' window. During simulation (while debugging) the left side of the screen could be hidden under other windows, mainly by the MCU monitor that has many registers to watch.
That is an specific case, for other people could be the oposite.
Maybe I can do it configurable.

In case this could be done, may I also suggest decreasing the width of the 'Simulation Time' window?
You can resize it as any other panel.

3About the ‘Simulation Time’ window Empty Re: About the ‘Simulation Time’ window Fri May 05, 2023 10:51 pm

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:
In case this could be done, may I also suggest decreasing the width of the 'Simulation Time' window?
For example, the ns and ps timings could be displayed on a line below the sec, ms and us timings.
You can resize it as any other panel.

Yes, I can. But, as you know, the data of the lower lines will be hidden too. And only the sec, ms and us timings could be seen.
But by moving the ns and ps timings to another line (below the sec, ms and us ones) all data on that window could be seen even without the need to decrease its width.

arcachofo

arcachofo

I don't understand, you can resize to show or hide whatever you want:

About the ‘Simulation Time’ window Kk20

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:I don't understand, you can resize to show or hide whatever you want:

If the window is on the left side, it doesn't matter how to resize it horizontally. Almost the entire window, in case of a rather long 'MCU Monitor, will be hidden. But this won't be the case if it is on the right side.

Anyway, let us forget about it. You have many other things to think of. And I can debug a rather complex code even without seeing that window Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum