Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Yellow Square on Persistent Breakpoints

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KerimF

KerimF

SimulIDE_1.0.1-R1386_Win32

I let SimulIDE to save the open asm file with a new name. Running the debugger again, the Debugger didn't forget the breakpoint locations. This is not an issue.

The issue is that, after running the debugger for the new/renamed asm, there were no more yellow squares at these locations, and it wasn't possible to deselect them too!
Also, by just deleting the *.brk file and re-starting the debugger, the situation didn't change. SimulIDE had to be exited and re-started to remove these breakpoints.

Off Topic: (a practical suggestion)

Is it possible printing the header of a process, like 'Loading hex file:' for example, right after clicking its 'Upload' icon?
I guess, this is just more practical than printing it at the end of the process.

Another example is to also print 'something' right after clicking on the 'Debug' icon.

arcachofo

arcachofo

I can't reproduce the issue, and there are some things I don understand:
The issue is that, after running the debugger for the new/renamed asm, there were no more yellow squares at these locations, and it wasn't possible to deselect them too!
Is there are no yellow squares how could you try to deselect them?

Also, by just deleting the *.brk file and re-starting the debugger, the situation didn't change. SimulIDE had to be exited and re-started to remove these breakpoints.
The .brk file is read when you open the file, so restarting the debuger does nothing with that file.

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:I can't reproduce the issue, and there are some things I don understand:
Is there are no yellow squares how could you try to deselect them?

Although there were no yellow squares, the debugger stopped at each of them. And I knew already that I set breakpoints at these locations.
I will try to reproduce this issue. And if I will succeed I will send you the same files that cause it.
I didn't do it earlier because it is not a well-defined issue and, lately, I had a race with time to fix all bugs in my charger project.

arcachofo wrote:
The .brk file is read when you open the file, so restarting the debuger does nothing with that file.

If I remember well, I also tried, without exiting SimulIDE, reloading the asm file and go on as usual. The same breakpoints returned though without their yellow squares.

Obviously, if I will not be able to reproduce this, I will assume that it happened by a temporary interference, surely not because of a bug in SimulIDE.

arcachofo

arcachofo

Could be something happening only in certain conditions.
I identified one minor issue with file names, does not seem to cause problems but maybe I just don't see it.

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:Could be something happening only in certain conditions.
I identified one minor issue with file names, does not seem to cause problems but maybe I just don't see it.

Unfortunately, I couldn't repeat it. It seems perhaps I did things other than just renaming the asm and sim1 files (by appending an 'a' at the end of their old names).

At least, now, I will give more attention every time I rename my files. (I usually do it after fixing a bug or making an update, I don't like deleting whatever I did unless it is really necessary).

arcachofo likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum