Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Logic Symbol option of ‘Tools’ Models

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KerimF

KerimF

SimulIDE_1.0.1-R1386_Win32

I didn’t test all elements on ‘Tools’ list. In the ones I tested, by deselecting their option of ‘Logic Symbol’ their drawing is blanked. Pressing it again and again, nothing changes.

I have the impression I heard that it was solved. But perhaps it wasn’t about ‘Tools’ components.

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

This is not a mistake. All models in the Tools group were developed in the form of logical symbols. Therefore, you do not need to disable the "Logical symbol" option.

KerimF

KerimF

Fizik_S wrote:This is not a mistake. All models in the Tools group were developed in the form of logical symbols. Therefore, you do not need to disable the "Logical symbol" option.

You are right.
But I thought it would be better not to allow this option to be disabled, even if the user, by mistake, click on it (or let it restore the logical symbol if clicked again).

KerimF

KerimF

SimulIDE_1.0.1-R1386_Win32

ENCODER HEX 16 State Thumbwheel Switch

Its U,  R   and D don’t change, in the Stopped session, its display (reset to 0).
And when the running session starts, its initial state could be of any number (0 to F).

But perhaps it is just me.

Added:
While debugging a code, this becomes annoying at every breakpoint because the thumbwheel switch has to be re-adjusted manually soon after the debugger runs to the next breakpoint.

arcachofo

arcachofo

I see the problem:
the first time you open the properties, "Logic symbol" is unchecked, it should be already checked.
I will have a look.

arcachofo

arcachofo

I see the problem:
the first time you open the properties, "Logic symbol" is unchecked, it should be already checked.
I was wrong the problem was another one.

Fixed at trunk Rev 1434.

KerimF

KerimF

Did you have time to check this too?
KerimF wrote:ENCODER HEX 16 State Thumbwheel Switch

Its U and D don’t change, in the Stopped session, its display (reset to 0).
And when the running session starts, its initial state could be of any number (0 to F).

arcachofo

arcachofo

That is how it works.

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:

That is how it works.

Sorry, but I wonder for which purpose the model is made not to emulate a real Thumbwheel Switch?

Added:
I mean, the mechanical wheel of the real one doesn't take a random position every time the circuit is powered, right?

arcachofo

arcachofo

I mean, the mechanical wheel of the real one doesn't take a random position every time the circuit is powered, right?
Do you see any mechanical wheel in this component?
The description of the component can be confusing, but it is what you see and it works in that way.

Sorry, but I wonder for which purpose the model is made not to emulate a real Thumbwheel Switch?
If it is useful to you then use it, if not then don't use it, it is simple.

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:
Do you see any mechanical wheel in this component?
The description of the component can be confusing, but it is what you see and it works in that way.

If it is useful to you then use it, if not then don't use it, it is simple.

Sorry for giving you the impression I am arguing. I had no idea that the description of a model could be confusing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum