Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

logicFET circuit generates crash (1.0.1 R1336)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TimFisch

TimFisch

I detected a "nice" circuit, which crashes Simulide R1336 on Win10.
The circuit is based on a misplaced depletion p-channel FET. Once the simulation is started, it does not show any effect anymore. The simulation can only be stopped by closing the window.

Simulide 1.0.0 (R144) at least does not crash, but still acts strange: Starting with 0V on the gate the FET ist conducting. But when the switch is pushed twice while the simulation is running, it is again 0V on the gate with the FET non-conducting...
Attachments
logicFET circuit generates crash (1.0.1 R1336) AttachmentlogicFETbug.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(1 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

https://wiki.mexle.hs-heilbronn.de/

Defran

Defran

Try this...
Attachments
logicFET circuit generates crash (1.0.1 R1336) AttachmentlogicFETbug_2.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(2 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

TimFisch

TimFisch

I know, that the FET is wrongly oriented.
The problem is, that simulide 1.0.0 R1144 behaves non-consistent also with your circuit on (my) WIN10.
The version 1.0.1 R1336 chrashes with your circuit, too (on my WIN10). silent

https://wiki.mexle.hs-heilbronn.de/

Defran

Defran

Yes, Simulide R1336 hangs with any circuit that has MOSFET P or N, even on Windows 11. Arcachofo, tell us something, please.

TimFisch, if you need Simulide to work use R1299, it is the most reliable Simulide so far. I am using this version with enough success.

arcachofo

arcachofo

I replied to this post yesterday... or maybe I just wrote the post and didn't click "Send"? Rolling Eyes

These the same issue as well:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t1050-r1336-bug-in-flip-flop-gates-w11
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t1081-r1336-capacitor-auto-step#4759

The simulation engine gets into an infinite loop which blocks the program.
Windows just closes the program in these cases, it looks like a crash but it isn't.

This "blocking" is already solved, but the problem that causes it remains.
I'm not yet sure how to solve it.

Defran

Defran

It is not the same case.

In R1336 the MOSFET fails allways with ALL the circuits where there are MOSFETs, including ALL the examples INSIDE of Simulide R1336. Try them, please, Simulide freezes. MOSFET is very sick. His bipolar cousin works fine.

Also you have my project #150 to check.

arcachofo

arcachofo

It is not the same case.

In R1336 the MOSFET fails allways with ALL the circuits where there are MOSFETs, including ALL the examples INSIDE of Simulide R1336. Try them, please, Simulide freezes. MOSFET is very sick. His bipolar cousin works fine.

Also you have my project #150 to check.
I already tried them and it is all the same problem.

Defran

Defran

Well, you're the boss. The important thing is to solve the problem effectively. Thanks in advance.

arcachofo

arcachofo

I think these issues are mostly solved at Rev 1357.
But some issues could remain.

This problem is related to the last speed optimizations.

I had this in mind for long time, but never did it because it is not easy and I had the idea that the improvements would be minimal.
But after doing some tests I got speed increases of up to 4x in some cases, which is massive.
There are speed increases in all circuits, but specially for pure logic circuits the increase is dramatic.

This is a complex change with many "ramifications".
It probably will take some time to get everything in place again, but it is worth.

Defran

Defran

Perfect, then release this R1357 ASAP in order to do a deep test, that there are already many things to test at this point (Que nos tienes en el paro obrero;-). Thanks again.

arcachofo

arcachofo

Perfect, then release this R1357 ASAP in order to do a deep test, that there are already many things to test at this point
It is in the oven...
EDIT: done.

(Que nos tienes en el paro obrero;-)
logicFET circuit generates crash (1.0.1 R1336) 1f606  logicFET circuit generates crash (1.0.1 R1336) 1f606

Defran

Defran

R1357. Mosfet. It seems to work. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum