Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Available PICs ... plan to add more ?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Available PICs ... plan to add more ? Empty Available PICs ... plan to add more ? Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:29 pm

Andrew Jameson

Love the new version but it no longer supports my favourite PIC - 12F683. Crying or Very sad

Is there a chance that this might be included in the future or maybe 16F18313 ?

Many thanks,

Andrew

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi.
Love the new version but it no longer supports my favourite PIC - 12F683.
Pic12F683 has been added (thanks to ci@telemack.net), you can download that version here:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t390-simulide-1-0-0-tester-builds#1936

3Available PICs ... plan to add more ? Empty Crash ... Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:39 pm

Andrew Jameson

Tried my 12F683 code but it causes a crash when the code is executed ... actually SimulIde just silently blows up and vanishes !

After loading the firmware, the dialog box reports :

Extended Linear Address: "0x0"
   Warning: PGM End reached at Line "51"
   Address: "0x2007" > PMG End: "0x7FF"
   TODO: Config word ??

Not sure of its relevance.

I could try to minimize my source until it doesn't crash but maybe the 12F683 is still very much "a work in progress" and it could be resolved in the future.

If it helps ... I just drop a 12F683 onto a blank design page and it's downhill from there !  I'm using CCP and Timer1Overflow interrupts and have the WatchDog enabled (still crashes if I disable the WatchDog).

Oh yes, in the "real world" the code works !

I could send you my source if that'd help but I'd prefer that it went privately.

Thanks,

Andrew

arcachofo

arcachofo

Well.. the whole program is a work in progress.
There are some things not implemented for some MCUs, but a crash must be solved immediately.

After loading the firmware, the dialog box reports :

Extended Linear Address: "0x0"
Warning: PGM End reached at Line "51"
Address: "0x2007" > PMG End: "0x7FF"
TODO: Config word ??

Not sure of its relevance.
No problem with this, I think 0x2007 is a config word which is not yet implemented for most MCUs, but should not cause a crash.

I could send you my source if that'd help but I'd prefer that it went privately.
The sorce could be helpful, but I need at least the hex file to reproduce the issue.
You can send me a PM and share there if you want.

arcachofo

arcachofo

The problem is not related to 12F683, it is about sleep.
The sleep module is not really implemented, but it is still there causing the crash.

The crash is solved at Rev 1341.
In any case sleep is not working, so maybe you can find some alternative to "fake" it.

Andrew Jameson

Just had time to try to evaluate your solution and, if I simply place a 12F683 and no other components, then it no longer crashes using my code (if I comment out the Sleeps) ... but as soon as I try to add more functionality then it all crashes.

Maybe it's a little early in development and it's possible that I'm looking at "beta" type problems that time might resolve ... it's not a show stopper as the last versions(4.15, 4.13) work OK.

By the way, thanks for adding the Logic Analyzer (from my thread a few years back) ... it's such a handy display.

Andrew

arcachofo

arcachofo

I recently solved an issue in CCP module capture mode.
It could be related to this.

Andrew Jameson

Where do I download the latest test version for 1347 ?

arcachofo

arcachofo

I will upload executables in next days to Tester forum:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t390-simulide-1-0-0-tester-builds#1936

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum