Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SIDE 1254. HEX FILE

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:33 pm

Defran

Defran

If I run a program compiled whit Arduino IDE, It appears the next message and it does not work. We are speaking about TINY84. In ver 1239 works ok.

SIDE 1254. HEX FILE 2022-028
Attachments
SIDE 1254. HEX FILE AttachmentTINY84_TEST.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(7 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by arcachofo on Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mark as solved (green color))

2SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty Re: SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:42 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

If I run a program compiled whit Arduino IDE, It apperas the next message and I does not work
I don't understand the problem.
What do you mean "I run a program" and "I does not work".

Looks like you open an hex file in the editor, then what do you do with it?

3SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty Re: SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:02 pm

Defran

Defran

This is the screen... leds would be lighting, but not. I attach: Scheme, ino program and hex file compiled with Arduino in Tiny84 config. I include also the data (It works Well, including image).

SIDE 1254. HEX FILE 2022-029

4SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty Re: SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:02 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Ah ok, I think it is this issue: https://simulide.forumotion.com/t550p25-simulide-1-0-1-tester-builds#3928

Please use Rev 1255.

5SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty Re: SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:17 am

Defran

Defran

I am using 1255. In general the hex files previously compiled in other version do not work, but if I compiled with 1255 again then they work, but in the case of Tiny84 or Tiny85 compiled in Arduino IDE (In Simulide is practically impossible) it does not work and Simulide delete this hex files (Todo muy raro).

By the way, the R1255 will be 1255, but in the left corner it appears like R1254.

SIDE 1254. HEX FILE 2022-030

6SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty Re: SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:52 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

I am using 1255. In general the hex files previously compiled in other version do not work, but if I compiled with 1255 again then they work, but in the case of Tiny84 or Tiny85 compiled in Arduino IDE (In Simulide is practically impossible) it does not work and Simulide delete this hex files (Todo muy raro).
Yes, this is weird.
The only difference in 1255 is about Reset.
So I guess the problem is related to this.

What happens if you test other circuits with "normal" components or use a bare Tiny84 instead of your subcircuit?

EDIT:
I see that opening the hex file in the Editor and clicking upload does not work (solved at Rev 1256).
Not sure if this is the issue you are talking about or it is something else...

By the way, the R1255 will be 1255, but in the left corner it appears like R1254.
Sorry I didn't recompile everything, just last changes, so Rev number didn't update.

7SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty Re: SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:12 am

Defran

Defran

Using the DIP of TINY85 from simulide, it happens the same, it fails.

SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Tiny8510

How could it be otherwise, because in R1239 it works ok using my component of couse.

8SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty Re: SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:24 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

What fails?

9SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty Re: SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:07 pm

Defran

Defran

It fails me in pactically every hex files... I´ll wait for the next verison that you release us. I will ignore R1255 for all purposes.

10SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty Re: SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:33 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Notice that you you still don't explain what is the problem:

Defran wrote:If I run a program compiled whit Arduino IDE, It appears the next message and it does not work. We are speaking about TINY84. In ver 1239 works ok.
And there is an image of an hex file in the Editor with a "No compiler Defined" message.
Obviously there is no compiler defined for hex files.
So I still don't undertand what is the problem and what does not work.
Looks to me that you are trying to compile an hex file, but this does not make sense.
So I ask;

arcahofo wrote:I don't understand the problem.

Defran wrote:This is the screen... leds would be lighting, but not. I attach: Scheme, ino program and hex file compiled with Arduino in Tiny84 config. I include also the data (It works Well, including image).
Ok, the atTiny is doing nothing.
But I still don't understand what you are doing and I just fixed a problem with the Reset, so most probably that is the cause:

arcachofo wrote:Ah ok, I think it is this issue: https://simulide.forumotion.com/t550p25-simulide-1-0-1-tester-builds#3928

Please use Rev 1255.
Detran wrote:I am using 1255. In general the hex files previously compiled in other version do not work, but if I compiled with 1255 again then they work, but in the case of Tiny84 or Tiny85 compiled in Arduino IDE (In Simulide is practically impossible) it does not work and Simulide delete this hex files (Todo muy raro).
This does not make any sense.
Then I realize that you might be uploading the hex file from the Editor, which is not the normal or the best way to do it, but maybe you like it.
And efectively, uploading hex file from Editor doesn't work.
But you still don't explain what you are doing, so maybe this is not the issue:

arcachofo wrote:EDIT:
I see that opening the hex file in the Editor and clicking upload does not work (solved at Rev 1256).
Defran wrote:Using the DIP of TINY85 from simulide, it happens the same, it fails.
How could it be otherwise, because in R1239 it works ok using my component of couse.
You keep saying it fails but not what fails.
I still don't know if uploading the hex from Editor is the problem or not.
I test your files again and they dont "fail".
I record a video to show that it works and ask again:

arcachofo wrote:What fails?
Defran wrote:It fails me in pactically every hex files... I´ll wait for the next verison that you release us. I will ignore R1255 for all purposes.
And again no explanation about what or how it fails.

So I still don't know what you are exactly doing.
I still don't know if you are uploading hex from Editor.
If this is the case I still don't know if you tried to upload hex file with the normal method: Right-click->Load Firmware.
I still don't know if you are using Reset or not.

So if you want to explain, I will try to solve any remaining problem.
If not I will consider this issue as solved.

11SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty Re: SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:23 pm

Defran

Defran

Let me give you a brief summary of my last tests at this point...
I have many programs compiled in other versions that fails ("fails" means that they do nothing "como quien oye llover"). When I drag these hex files to the edit area and hit upload, nothing happens, but if I go to the controller and load it via firmware they all work, even the tiny ones. Any explanexion?

12SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty Re: SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:10 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

When I drag these hex files to the edit area and hit upload, nothing happens, but if I go to the controller and load it via firmware they all work, even the tiny ones. Any explanexion?
Ok thanks, then confirmed that the problem was uploading hex from Editor.

https://simulide.forumotion.com/t803-side-1254-hex-file#3931
arcachofo wrote:I don't understand the problem.

https://simulide.forumotion.com/t803-side-1254-hex-file#3938
arcachofo wrote:EDIT:

https://simulide.forumotion.com/t803-side-1254-hex-file#3951
arcachofo wrote:And efectively, uploading hex file from Editor doesn't work.
But you still don't explain what you are doing, so maybe this is not the issue:

13SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty Re: SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:29 pm

Defran

Defran

So now you anderstand, right?. I heve never used firmware loading because I thought it was redundant.

I take this opportunity to ask you to include TINY84 and TINY85 in the compilation dropdown. These ere the most useful when using them in small proyects.

14SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Empty Re: SIDE 1254. HEX FILE Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:58 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

So now you anderstand, right?.
I undertood as soon as you replied my questions.

I heve never used firmware loading because I thought it was redundant.
It is the normal (and logic) procedure when you want to upload an hex file directly.

Opening an hex file in the Editor only makes sense if you want to see it's content or modify it.
That is why uloading hex from Editor is implemented: to modify it and upload.
But it is much easier loading it directly from the MCU.

I take this opportunity to ask you to include TINY84 and TINY85 in the compilation dropdown. These ere the most useful when using them in small proyects.
These are not included in the default instalation of Arduino IDE and require special configuration that is not possible from simulide.

You can compile for these cores, but if I remember well it does not work if they are installed with Arduino IDE, it must be installed manually inside the core folders (or something like that).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum