Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

examples missing in 1.0.0

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1examples missing in 1.0.0 Empty examples missing in 1.0.0 Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:14 pm

TimFisch

TimFisch

Somehow there are some examples missing in the example folder of the 1.0.0 version - especially for Arduino.
I just tried to find the WS2812 example, but it seems that from 29 in SimulIDE_0.5.16-RC7_Win64" there are only 9 left in the new version.

Is there a reason for this?

https://wiki.mexle.hs-heilbronn.de/

2examples missing in 1.0.0 Empty Re: examples missing in 1.0.0 Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:04 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

I'm refactoring the examples:

- Grouping examples in the same category than Components.
- Deleting all examples without source code.
- Deleting redundant examples.
- Adding more meaningfull examples (hopefully).

Then, WS2812 is in Outputs->Leds category in Component list
So now it is in Outputs->Leds folder in examples.

Any idea about how to organize examples folder or new example circuits are very welcome.

3examples missing in 1.0.0 Empty Re: examples missing in 1.0.0 Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:16 pm

TimFisch

TimFisch

Thanks for the tip! I only searchte for *ws2812*.simu ant did not find anything. Now I know, that I have to look for *ws2812*.sim* ...

A great thing would be, when there would be links to the examples at each component properties window in the help text field. Or as a option wehn right clicking onto a component in the components tray.
Maybe there is a way to parse the example simu-files and get this linking automatically done.
Beginners could benefit from this.

https://wiki.mexle.hs-heilbronn.de/

4examples missing in 1.0.0 Empty Re: examples missing in 1.0.0 Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:54 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

A great thing would be, when there would be links to the examples at each component properties window in the help text field. Or as a option wehn right clicking onto a component in the components tray.
Yes, this could be a nice feature.

This has been discussed before, but it's quite tricky and complex to implement.
An alternative would be a search box in simulide file explorer, similar to that one in components.
This would be useful not only for examples, but for any other files.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum