Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problem with PNP transistors

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Problem with PNP transistors Empty Problem with PNP transistors Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:37 pm

elpellini

Hy everyone, thanks for the excellent work with SimulIDE.

I'm trying to simulate a DC-DC converter connected to a Arduino. The problem I found is that PNP BJT transistor are not working properly.

In the properties page of a BJT, it is mentioned a "BC Diode" property, which would slower the simulation a lot. However, this item it is not listed among the others. Is it missing?

Besides, there is a "PNP" property listed, which you could change from false to true.

What is strange is that, whenever you change this PNP to true, the simulation becomes MUCH MUCH slower.

I think that something is missing in the properties of a BJT, and the "PNP" property is, in fact, the "BD Diode" property.

My versions is 0.4.15-SR1.

Greetings to you all
Eduardo Pellini

2Problem with PNP transistors Empty Re: Problem with PNP transistors Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:28 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi.

- "BC Diode" property is not used in 0.4.15, this is a new bjt model and BC diode is always simulated.

- There is an error in PNP mode in 0.4.15-SR1, it is already solved in development version.

Thanks for reporting.

3Problem with PNP transistors Empty Thanks Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:41 pm

elpellini

Thanks for answering!

Is there a quick fix or workaround to make the 0.4.15-SR1 to work with PNP?

I'm doing and activity with students with your software, and PNP, unfortunately, was a must.

Anxiously waiting for another release.

Greetings
Pellini

4Problem with PNP transistors Empty Re: Problem with PNP transistors Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:45 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Is there a quick fix or workaround to make the 0.4.15-SR1 to work with PNP?
Sadly there is no workaround.

I'm doing and activity with students with your software, and PNP, unfortunately, was a must.
Have you tried with 0.4.14?

5Problem with PNP transistors Empty Re: Problem with PNP transistors Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:03 pm

elpellini

Have you tried with 0.4.14?

Unfortunately, it did not work on 4.14 as well.
Attachments
Problem with PNP transistors AttachmentCircuitoTesteCOMBJTPNP.zip
SIMU File attached
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(3 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

6Problem with PNP transistors Empty Re: Problem with PNP transistors Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:04 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Can you share your circuit?

7Problem with PNP transistors Empty Re: Problem with PNP transistors Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:06 pm

elpellini

arcachofo wrote:Can you share your circuit?
Sorry, I edited the previous post to include a zip with the SIMU file.

arcachofo likes this post

8Problem with PNP transistors Empty Re: Problem with PNP transistors Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:41 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Are you converting from 16V to ~5V?

If so, it seems to work for me...
Output voltage is 5.70 to 5.73 Volts.

If this is not the behavior you expect, please let me know.

Problem with PNP transistors Bjtex10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum