Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Multiple ILI9341 display bug

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Multiple ILI9341 display bug Empty Multiple ILI9341 display bug Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:13 pm

wengacz

Hi!

when I try to connect multiple ILI9341 TFT displays to a single arduino I get this weird glitch that the text appears on random displays instead of the selected one (usually the last one in code)

They have shared connections apart from CS that is on separate pins and defined separately.

I have basically the exact same setup and code (including libraries) in Wokwi simulator and it works so I tried to recreate it in here because of performance reasons so the code should be fine.

Thanks a lot for any info.

ps. If you're asking why I'm even doing this the answer is because there is no I2C multiplexer to test multiple oleds Very Happy

2Multiple ILI9341 display bug Empty Re: Multiple ILI9341 display bug Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:19 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi.
Never tried something like this in the simulator.
Are you sharing reset Pin?

3Multiple ILI9341 display bug Empty Re: Multiple ILI9341 display bug Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:52 pm

wengacz

Yes I was using shared reset pin, however in the meantime I tried basically the same thing with the SPI PCD8544 nokia LCDs (everything apart from CS shared) and everything works fine so idk what was the problem.... It probably broke itself because the TFT is much more performance intensive or the library works differently.

4Multiple ILI9341 display bug Empty Re: Multiple ILI9341 display bug Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:20 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Indeed I'm not sure if the reset pin should work when CS is not active.
Currently in the simulator reset is always active regardless CS active or not.

5Multiple ILI9341 display bug Empty Re: Multiple ILI9341 display bug Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:45 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

As per the datasheet seems that RESX has priority over CSX:
12. Power ON/OFF Sequence.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum