Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ATmega8515 in SimulIDE. Oscope with common trigger for both channels

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

avklab

Hi,

Finding no free simulator for atmega8515 I have added it to the SimulIDE. It may be helpfull for somebody. The attached .zip includes sim_mega8515.c (for simavr), atmega8515.data, atmega8515.package and updated sim_core_decl.h and avrs.xml. As the atmega8515.data presents hexadecimal register addresses (Atmel prefered this format), the included baseprocessor.cpp is modifid to accept both decimal and hexadecimal numbers.

Starting the simulation I have found, that the current version of the oscilloscope is almost useless for me. In contrast to real life oscilloscope, where both channels use the same trigger (from one of the channels or external source), the simulated oscope has independent triggers for each channel. So it is impossible to anlyse time/phase shifts between signals. As quick and dirty solution I have substituted trigger event (m_saveData) in the second channel by the one from the first. The included oscope and oscopechannel cpp/h files provide this hack. The result is illustrated by the pictures with inverted signal applied to the second channel. In original oscope the signals are undistingushiable.  
ATmega8515 in SimulIDE. Oscope with common trigger for both channels Testol10
In modified one the first channel triggers both, and the phase of the inverted signal is correct.
ATmega8515 in SimulIDE. Oscope with common trigger for both channels Testne10
Attachments
ATmega8515 in SimulIDE. Oscope with common trigger for both channels Attachmentcorrected_files.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(13 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

arcachofo

arcachofo

Finding no free simulator for atmega8515 I have added it to the SimulIDE. It may be helpfull for somebody. The attached .zip includes sim_mega8515.c (for simavr), atmega8515.data, atmega8515.package and updated sim_core_decl.h and avrs.xml. As the atmega8515.data presents hexadecimal register addresses (Atmel prefered this format), the included baseprocessor.cpp is modifid to accept both decimal and hexadecimal numbers.
Great!!
Thank you very much for the code.

Starting the simulation I have found, that the current version of the oscilloscope is almost useless for me. In contrast to real life oscilloscope, where both channels use the same trigger (from one of the channels or external source), the simulated oscope has independent triggers for each channel. So it is impossible to anlyse time/phase shifts between signals. As quick and dirty solution I have substituted trigger event (m_saveData) in the second channel by the one from the first. The included oscope and oscopechannel cpp/h files provide this hack. The result is illustrated by the pictures with inverted signal applied to the second channel. In original oscope the signals are undistingushiable.  
This issue and some other are solved in the new 4 channel oscilloscope, trigger is common for all channels, you can group channels in 1, 2 or 4 tracks, hide channels, expand to a floating window, voltage and time readings:

ATmega8515 in SimulIDE. Oscope with common trigger for both channels Oschid10

There is a topic talking about oscilloscope:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t89-about-oscilloscope-0-5-15

There is also an 8 channel Logic Analizer being implemented:

ATmega8515 in SimulIDE. Oscope with common trigger for both channels Loan10

avklab

Great development. Thank you! How to get the SimulIDE with these oscilloscope and logic analyzer?

arcachofo

arcachofo

There is a repository here: https://launchpad.net/simulide

In 0.4.14 branch is the next release.
It will be public in a few days as 0.4.15 "Unstable", mostly for testing.
On April 3 binaries should be available at: https://www.simulide.com/p/downloads.html

In trunk is the next version 0.5.16.
Still very unstable and with some problems to solve.

In both branches your atmega8515 is already added.

avklab

Wonderful! Thank you very much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum