Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

About the OSCCAL Register of ATmega8

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1About the OSCCAL Register of ATmega8 Empty About the OSCCAL Register of ATmega8 Wed May 10, 2023 7:21 pm

KerimF

KerimF

SimulIDE-R1657_Win32

The following is not a bug in SimulIDE, because the function of the register OSCCAL (in ATmega8, for example) is not important. The MCU frequency is set manually at will.

So, I noticed now that OSCCAL register is inactive and set to a fixed value [0x00]

I guess, for debugging certain codes, making OSCCAL as an I/O register (which could be written and read) without having any function will help. Thank you.

Kerim

2About the OSCCAL Register of ATmega8 Empty Re: About the OSCCAL Register of ATmega8 Wed May 10, 2023 9:36 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

So, I noticed now that OSCCAL register is inactive and set to a fixed value [0x00]

I guess, for debugging certain codes, making OSCCAL as an I/O register (which could be written and read) without having any function will help. Thank you.
As far as I know OSCCAL is a register like any other.
You should be able to read/write it.

3About the OSCCAL Register of ATmega8 Empty Re: About the OSCCAL Register of ATmega8 Wed May 10, 2023 9:42 pm

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:

As far as I know OSCCAL is a register like any other.
You should be able to read/write it.

You are totally right.
When I re-tested it now, it worked fine. Surely, I did something wrong when I had always a 0 value when writing then reading OSCCAL.
Sorry Sad

arcachofo likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum