Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Empty A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Fri May 05, 2023 1:23 pm

KerimF

KerimF

SimulIDE-R1657_Win32

When I opened an AVRasm2 file, I noticed a thin red mark on its right scroll bar.

Any idea about it? Thank you.

Kerim

2A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Empty Re: A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Fri May 05, 2023 5:28 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

In the scroll bar you will see:
- Compile errors in Red.
- Compile warings in Orange.
- Breakpoints in Yellow.
- Found strings (Find/Replace dialog) in Blue.

Example:
A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Errors10

3A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Empty Re: A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Fri May 05, 2023 10:35 pm

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:In the scroll bar you will see:
- Compile errors in Red.
- Compile warnings in Orange.
- Breakpoints in Yellow.
- Found strings (Find/Replace dialog) in Blue.

Thank you.
I will be more attentive when looking at the scroll bar.

For instance, I noticed just one red mark though there were many warnings (duplicate definitions of registers). Perhaps I didn't see well the orange marks.
And the red mark persisted during all debug sessions even when there was no more any compile error. So, I thought it was a sort of a permanent reference of a certain location which I was not aware of.

Anyway, now I know their meanings, and this will help me see better if each of them will show up (and disappear) as it is supposed to do.

4A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Empty Re: A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Sat May 06, 2023 1:38 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

For instance, I noticed just one red mark though there were many warnings (duplicate definitions of registers). Perhaps I didn't see well the orange marks.
Simulide can't detect all warnings and errors from all compilers or maybe it can't determine the line number.
Maybe we can improve this if you provide the output of some undetected warnings.

And the red mark persisted during all debug sessions even when there was no more any compile error. So, I thought it was a sort of a permanent reference of a certain location which I was not aware of.
I can't reproduce this issue and no idea of what could be the cause.

Does it happen with all asm files or with one in particular?
And does it happen always with that file and the mark is always in the same place?
Can you see the "normal" marks, specially yellow breakpoints?

5A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Empty Re: A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Sat May 06, 2023 2:52 pm

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:
Simulide can't detect all warnings and errors from all compilers or maybe it can't determine the line number.
Maybe we can improve this if you provide the output of some undetected warnings.

There are many warnings, duplicate definitions of some registers, in my code you got lately.

arcachofo wrote:
I can't reproduce this issue and no idea of what could be the cause.

Does it happen with all asm files or with one in particular?
And does it happen always with that file and the mark is always in the same place?
Can you see the "normal" marks, specially yellow breakpoints?

Now I know what and how to look on the scroll bar. So, I guess it is better to write you all about these when I restart testing with the trunk version.

6A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Empty Re: A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Sun May 07, 2023 8:19 am

KerimF

KerimF

Added note:
Now, during debugging, I deliberately include a warning line (which gives an orange mark on the scroll bar) temporarily at every location on which I may need to focus.

Obviously, if by clicking on such a mark the editor cursor could also be made to jump to its line, it would be a great feature (though I think it cannot be realized).

7A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Empty Re: A Red Mark on the Right Scroll Bar Mon May 08, 2023 8:55 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Nice, thanks for the feedback.

Obviously, if by clicking on such a mark the editor cursor could also be made to jump to its line, it would be a great feature (though I think it cannot be realized).
This is something I have in mind, some day I will try to implement it.

KerimF likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum