Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Testing the Relay Model

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Testing the Relay Model Empty Testing the Relay Model Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:16 pm

KerimF

KerimF

I thought I can use the relay model as a controlled switch (by setting its coil inductance = 0), so I can switch it, on and off, at a high rate (as 10 KHz). I was wrong.

I guessed that the relay model has limitations. But I am not sure if these limitations are related to its coil or contact response (if not both). So, I draw a simple test schematic (please see below). But I couldn’t get sure information from its displayed traces.

Note: No picture; it looks like at the webpage https://servimg.com/multiupload.php? my account might be having issues!

For instance, is it possible, in the time being, to build a circuit which can act as a sample/hold device?
Added:
It seems Alex (Alex68) worked on sample/hold already (by using CD4066).
Attachments
Testing the Relay Model Attachmentrelay_01.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(2 Kb) Downloaded 3 times

2Testing the Relay Model Empty Re: Testing the Relay Model Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:45 pm

Alex68

Alex68

KerimF, если вы сделайте в установках реле 0 индуктивность и маленькое сопротивлении катушки,
то реле ТОКА получиться. Оно будет работать последовательно на нагрузку.
Я устанавливал такое реле на схему защиты движка на тиристоре. Я показывал эту схему в проектах.Testing the Relay Model 2022-629
Testing the Relay Model 2022-630

3Testing the Relay Model Empty Re: Testing the Relay Model Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:20 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

KerimF wrote:I thought I can use the relay model as a controlled switch (by setting its coil inductance = 0), so I can switch it, on and off, at a high rate (as 10 KHz). I was wrong.
I don't see why you can't do it.

4Testing the Relay Model Empty Re: Testing the Relay Model Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:53 pm

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:
KerimF wrote:I thought I can use the relay model as a controlled switch (by setting its coil inductance = 0), so I can switch it, on and off, at a high rate (as 10 KHz). I was wrong.

Oh, it seems it worked on your side.

I will try the test again.
But the problem is that, as I mentioned earlier, I can't access servimg.com anymore to attach a picture as I used doing!

5Testing the Relay Model Empty Re: Testing the Relay Model Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:52 am

KerimF

KerimF

arcachofo wrote:

SimulIDE_1.0.1-R1386_Win32

I repeated the test, ‘relay_02’, at 1 Hz (coil) with 1000 Hz signal (contact). I attached what I see on the scope.

Testing the Relay Model Relay_10

But when I repeated the test at 10000 Hz (coil) with 50 Hz signal (contact), it worked!

Attachments
Testing the Relay Model Attachmentrelay_02.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(2 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

arcachofo and Alex68 like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum