Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

8-digit dynamic display scheme

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

18-digit dynamic display scheme Empty 8-digit dynamic display scheme Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:28 pm

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

I propose a dynamic display scheme for an 8-bit indicator. A special feature of the scheme is the cancellation of insignificant zeros in the higher digits of the number, which improves their perception.

8-digit dynamic display scheme Displa10
Attachments
8-digit dynamic display scheme AttachmentDinamic_Display.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(15 Kb) Downloaded 13 times

28-digit dynamic display scheme Empty Re: 8-digit dynamic display scheme Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:55 pm

Mistral

Hi Fizik,
I downloaded your display scheme but after opening with Simulide 0.4.14-SR4 it crashed immediatly.
I opened simulide again, tried to drag Bcd to 7 segm decoder driver CD4511 from the components list into the empty circuit and whop it crashes. Other (CD4xx)-components do not cause this. I checked folder share-data-icCD and the (LS)package and subcircuit are there.
Tried it with 0.4.13-SR5 and that gives no problem at all, I can open your dynamic display and run it.
Runs very nice except the display at the top. The transistors are flashing but the driving CD4511 is not moving so the top display stays off.
Topdisplay is on now, the CD4511 is working. When I downloaded it the wires where mixed up, I compared it with your picture and rearranged them. I'm talking about version 4.13 now. The other one, 4.14 crashing is not solved yet. Just wanted to let you know that maybe there is a problem with that 4511-package in 4.14.

38-digit dynamic display scheme Empty Re: 8-digit dynamic display scheme Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:16 pm

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

Mistral wrote:
I downloaded your display scheme but after opening with Simulide 0.4.14-SR4 it crashed immediatly.

Hello Mistral!
I redid the scheme, now it will work without problems in versions 0.4.13 and higher. The problem was that the author of the program, having completely redesigned the logic circuit simulation engine, changed several internal variables and changed several logical symbols for the chips. One of them is CD4511. I'll redo these problematic chips a little later and post them here on the forum. There are very few people involved in simulating digital chips in this program, so no one has noticed this error so far. I redesigned the digital voltmeter to 4 digits, expanded the measurement range to 100V, and found another chip that doesn't work in older versions. I will fix it.
Attachments
8-digit dynamic display scheme AttachmentDinamic_Display_0.4.13-0.4.14.zip
(15 Kb) Downloaded 11 times

48-digit dynamic display scheme Empty Re: 8-digit dynamic display scheme Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Mistral

It's a very nice program and the transistors are switching at high speed. Was doing a sort of simular led-cube project with somebody else in the first half of 2019, he with real components and me on Simulide, parts of it are still on my github and fast switching is what you need with that.
Am missing some zero's in the display when the dips are off but I guess that's a flaw in the circuit itself and not in Simulide. Thanks for the explanation and recovery.

58-digit dynamic display scheme Empty Re: 8-digit dynamic display scheme Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:19 am

Fizik_S

Fizik_S

Slightly upgraded dynamic display scheme. Multiplexers have been replaced with 4-bit buffer elements with three states at the output. The bit counter has been replaced with a synchronous one. This allowed us to eliminate some problems with the display.

8-digit dynamic display scheme Displa11
Attachments
8-digit dynamic display scheme AttachmentDinamic_Display_new.zip
(17 Kb) Downloaded 9 times

arcachofo likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum