Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Speed up recompilations with Arduino

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Speed up recompilations with Arduino Empty Speed up recompilations with Arduino Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:35 pm

acebrian

I have modified "inodebugger" in order to remember the last Sketch Book folder retrieved.

Sketch Book folder should not change between compilations and there is no need to ask the compiler each time about it.

This improves compilation speed as Arduino compiler is only executed one time.

When developing Arduino programs and recompiling a lot of times, the difference is evident.

Patch attached.
Attachments
Speed up recompilations with Arduino Attachmentpatch.zip
Patch file
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(1 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

2Speed up recompilations with Arduino Empty Re: Speed up recompilations with Arduino Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:26 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Good one.
Patch applied in rev 49.

3Speed up recompilations with Arduino Empty Re: Speed up recompilations with Arduino Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:32 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Another improvement would be reusing the cache (just don't deleting it).
Currently it just clear the whole build folder and recompile everything.

I will not get into this right now, so if it fits in your plans feel free to do it.
If not, i will do it when i finish what i'm doing now.

4Speed up recompilations with Arduino Empty Re: Speed up recompilations with Arduino Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:57 pm

acebrian

If source file has been changed then cache should be delete. Therefore I thing that this will only improve recompilation without any change in source code.

arcachofo wrote:Another improvement would be reusing the cache (just don't deleting it).
Currently it just clear the whole build folder and recompile everything.

I will not get into this right now, so if it fits in your plans feel free to do it.
If not, i will do it when i finish what i'm doing now.

5Speed up recompilations with Arduino Empty Re: Speed up recompilations with Arduino Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:20 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

I'm talking about Arcuino core binares.
This is in: codeeditor/buildIno/cache/core
Current project files are in: codeeditor/buildIno/build

Compiling an ino file is almost inmediate, what takes most of the time is compiling the core.

I think if something like board model change, the core is recompiled anyway, not sure if it overwrite old one or create a new one for each board or what.

6Speed up recompilations with Arduino Empty Re: Speed up recompilations with Arduino Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:33 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Implemented keep Arduino core cache in rev 73.

Arduino cerates a static lib for each board and keeps it in codeeditor/buildIno/cache/core.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum