Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Copied and pasted components problem

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Copied and pasted components problem Empty Copied and pasted components problem Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:05 pm

gmaltk

Hello once more,

Working on Rev. 554.

I've been struggling to move from .simu to .sim5 files, as you remember, and now a new problem appeared that did not exist back in the .simu days.

I frequently use copy-paste of various components (already done that in dozens previous .simu files) and now something appears to be broken.

I create a simple new circuit such as:

Copied and pasted components problem One10

In it there is a rail and a grounded 100 Ohm Led, which I then copy and paste. I finally connect, save as test.sim5 and close program.

If I reopen the file, one connection is gone:

Copied and pasted components problem Two10

Same thing happens even if I manually change the label to something else (not that I expected otherwise...).

However, if I always drag new components from left side bar, the program can distinguish the two leds and things seem to work as expected.

Thank you in advance,
Theodore K.

2Copied and pasted components problem Empty Re: Copied and pasted components problem Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:16 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Thanks.
This issue should be solved at Rev 556.

I've been struggling to move from .simu to .sim5 files, as you remember
Yes, I understand that this change (and others) brings some complications.
But this is the development brach, so bugs and other problems are normal.
And in this is an special case: 0.5 is not just a version ahead of 0.4, it is a leap fordward.
Many fundamental parts of the simulator are changing very fast, so it takes some time to get everything in place and working properly.

I'm sorry to bring some more complications:
After a good extra sleep I relized that the extension .sim5 did not make much sense, so it has been changed to .sim1.
So .sim5 files need to be renamed to .sim1.

I forgot to mention:
I think that these topics about development version should be in "Development" section to avoid confusions.
So I will move there all these discussions.

3Copied and pasted components problem Empty Re: Copied and pasted components problem Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:00 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Update:
It was an error in Rev 556, hoefully fixed in 557.

4Copied and pasted components problem Empty Re: Copied and pasted components problem Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:13 am

gmaltk

Hello again,

Yes, I understand that this change (and others) brings some complications.
But this is the development brach, so bugs and other problems are normal.
And in this is an special case: 0.5 is not just a version ahead of 0.4, it is a leap fordward.
Many fundamental parts of the simulator are changing very fast, so it takes some time to get everything in place and working properly.

I fully understand and I have no problem at all.
This is why I try to test and simulate all my previous circuits.
I would very much like to have a robust and functional next stable version and I thank you for your efforts.

I think that these topics about development version  should be in "Development" section to avoid confusions.
So I will move there all these discussions.

You are totally right.
My first reported bug (bus not transmitting in 0.4.15-SR1) prevented me from using the stable version.
Then on, I continued using the "Report Bugs" section, although I shouldn't.

Thank you,
Theodore K.

arcachofo likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum