Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Simulide on MacOS Big Sur

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Empty Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:39 pm

Alberto

Hi, everyone.

I am user of simulide on macos Big Sur. I didn't get to run 0.14.4-SR4 version but 0.14.3-SR4 works OK.

Did you try simulide on mac?

Thank you

Last edited by arcachofo on Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Marked as solved (green color))

2Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Empty Re: Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:06 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi Alberto.

Can you elaborate in what is the problem?

You can try to open simulide from a terminal, if there is some message, please copy and paste here.

3Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Empty Re: Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:08 pm

Alberto

Icon is jumping in the dock but no windows opens.

I tried to launch from terminal but doesn't show any message.

4Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Empty Re: Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:52 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

We don't have much information...

Let's just try random things.
I created a topic in tester section with a new build:
https://simulide.forumotion.com/t265-simulide_0-5-16-rc6-macos-tester-build#1366

5Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Empty Re: Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:22 am

Alberto

I get this message in terminal with 0.5.16-rc6:

Code:
Warning: Populating font family aliases took 1356 ms. Replace uses of missing font family "Monospace" with one that exists to avoid this cost.  (:0, )

App doesn't open. I'm using Big Sur.

6Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Empty Re: Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:48 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Nice... that's something, and I know where is that problem.

But there is still something I don't understand:
App doesn't open, but... does the process exit? or it just stuck trying to open?

I mean: in terminal, do you get the comand prompt again after that warning?

7Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Empty Re: Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:03 am

Alberto

It just stuck trying to open.

I have to force exit simulide to get the comand prompt again in terminal.

8Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Empty Re: Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:52 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Uploaded a new build...

The problem is that I'm using High Sierra, which is no longer supported, so all my atempts to intall stuff through brew don't work.
I need to install Catalina or whatever is still supported to try another things.

9Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Empty Re: Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:06 pm

Alberto

Thank very much.

Same issue with the second attempt and same message in terminal.

Also, I have checked CPU activity and is 100% when I launch simulide app.

10Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Empty Re: Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:38 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

I'm trying to create a MacOs Catalina VM and install everything needed to compile simulide, but this can take the whole day or more depending on how many problems need to be solved.

When I have something compiled in this VM I will upload new builds and see what happens.

11Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Empty Re: Simulide on MacOS Big Sur Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:28 am

arcachofo

arcachofo

Finally I could compile in Catalina with gcc...
New build uploaded.

Compiling simulide in MacOs looks like the worst nightmare, even worse than in Windows.
If this time we don't get better results I giveup by now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum