Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solar Panel

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Solar Panel Empty Solar Panel Sat May 22, 2021 10:53 pm

steve

I am a new adapter so sorry if I have overlooked something. I want to create a circuit with a small 12V solar panel in it.
A solar panel component with configurable dimensions would (I guess) not be too difficult to add. Once I get up to speed I hope I can help with things like this but for now I hope somebody else can see the utility and thinks its worth the work.
Thanks Very Happy

2Solar Panel Empty Re: Solar Panel Sun May 23, 2021 8:15 pm

arcachofo

arcachofo

Hi steve.

Added to the list of feature requests.

3Solar Panel Empty Re: Solar Panel Mon May 24, 2021 8:09 am

Mistral

Interested by Steve's request I searched for 'solar panel simulation + pictures'. Many results show up but most of them need special software. I found this one that has more regular components:
https://www.edn.com/circuit-implements-photovoltaic-module-simulator/

Tried to build it

Solar Panel Pv_sol10

It needs some property adjustments to get some Speed on the board. It is doing something but how this is supposed to relate to the real thing I do not understand. Not much explanation is given in the article.

steve likes this post

4Solar Panel Empty Re: Solar Panel Mon May 24, 2021 12:37 pm

steve

Many thanks. Honestly, I am not so worried about simulating the panel- just illustrating it. All the same, this could be a great test bed. I will try it myself but if anyone has any experience with it let us know. Many thanks again!

5Solar Panel Empty Re: Solar Panel Mon May 24, 2021 5:18 pm

Mistral

The past few weeks I did some examples for microcrontrollers and they had sensors with them that are not available in Simulide so I made up some of the symbols myself. There must be some kind of programming in Simulide that decides wether a component is on the foreground or on the background, unfortunately you cannot give it this priority yourself. Anyway, the rectangle component is always in the background so that's convenient. I did a 'solar panel electric symbol' search and something like this I would use:

Solar Panel Pv_sol11

It is not possible to slide the Volt Source 'under' the matrix and pop it up when you need it.

steve likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum